Brewer Fanatic

Corey Koskie

bando1234
I know nothing of his status. Hows he doing?, Will he retire? If he is doing OK , can the Brewers resign him? I know these are a lot of ifs but hes a left hander who can play third base who can get on base who would cost a fraction of the 3rd baseman we are looking at. I know he brittle & like I said I dont even know if hes an option, but if he is he makes the most sense.

I know nothing of his status. Hows he doing?, Will he retire? If he is doing OK , can the Brewers resign him? I know these are a lot of ifs but hes a left hander who can play third base who can get on base who would cost a fraction of the 3rd baseman we are looking at. I know he brittle & like I said I dont even know if hes an option, but if he is he makes the most sense.

Yea, certainly you'd understand the Brewers apprehension, however, I have seen where he's being talked about going to the Rays and a couple other teams(which the Rays never made sense what with Iwamura, Upton, Brignac and about 10 other IF'ers) so if he's planning on coming back, then he'd seem to fit exactly what we're looking for. Maybe bring him as a non-roster invitee if you don't find another option, and see if he's back.

I mean, he's a very good player when he's healthy. You could platoon he and Dillon or bring back Cirillo. Of course these would be last resorts, and I'm sure the Brewers brass has kept these ideas in mind.

If Corey really is healthy enough to play ball again, I'd love to see both him & 'Rillo back. That'd be sweet, but iirc the Brewers are worried about Corey's decision to return related to the long-term. Or maybe that's just me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

maybe he resign with the crew since he missed last season and wants to pay the brewers back.

Not a bad thought, but it was Toronto who was paying about 2/3 of his salary the past 2 years, and he was rehabbing mostly at home up here in the Twin Cities, so I'm not quite sure what he'd be paying the Brewers back for....

Koskie is a total class act and a solid ballplayer -- not to mention a walking Hoover vacuum cleaner over at 3B -- but until the medical stuff is cleared up, it'd seem quite a reach to sign him and have any realistic hope he'd play this year. I like Koskie a lot and I do really like the idea of what he's bring to the Crew if indeed he were able to play.

Koskie's injury makes me very sad. As many have stated, he's the perfect fit for what we're looking for. At the same time, he played the game the right way and seemed like a nice guy. Tough break for him. Hopefully he's able to bounce back from these post-concussion side effects and get a shot somewhere.

Koskie's injury makes me very sad. As many have stated, he's the perfect fit for what we're looking for. At the same time, he played the game the right way and seemed like a nice guy. Tough break for him. Hopefully he's able to bounce back from these post-concussion side effects and get a shot somewhere.

I agree 100%. Best of luck, Corey.

I can't see any doctor clearing him to play since he's had serious side effects for well over a year related to concussions. The guy's career is over.
I loved Koskie. But I would never sign him again.

He might be able to help at somepoint, but I think he should retire with what health he still has. I would hate to see him play baseball again and have everlasting effects from a concussion. He was fortunate to get back to regular life.

twobrewers,

i completely agree with that post. At first I thought it made perfect sense for Koskie to be the solution at third. I mean the guy gets on base and is a left handed bat, exactly what Melvin wanted, not to mention this would move the statistically worst third basemen in MLB in quite some time to a position he can hopefully handle.

by the way i am not new here. i am a longtime reader and posted as thefutureishere2OO6 as well for quite some time

Yea, certainly you'd understand the Brewers apprehension, however, I have seen where he's being talked about going to the Rays and a couple other teams(which the Rays never made sense what with Iwamura, Upton, Brignac and about 10 other IF'ers) so if he's planning on coming back, then he'd seem to fit exactly what we're looking for. Maybe bring him as a non-roster invitee if you don't find another option, and see if he's back.

I mean, he's a very good player when he's healthy. You could platoon he and Dillon or bring back Cirillo. Of course these would be last resorts, and I'm sure the Brewers brass has kept these ideas in mind.

Wouldn't be a bad move for the Rays. I'm pretty sure Evan Longoria will get a shot at 3B but having a veteran presence would be good for him. Hell it would be good for Braun too

Wouldn't be a bad move for the Rays. I'm pretty sure Evan Longoria will get a shot at 3B but having a veteran presence would be good for him. Hell it would be good for Braun too

The abundance of talent the Rays have in the IF makes me think that Iwamura would be a decent option to look into. Good defender, pretty good OBP guy, and seems like a very good fit in the 2 hole.

You'd think signing Koskie would make that move even more likely. I mean, I know they plan on moving him to 2nd base, but still, they've got several others who could play there.

The abundance of talent the Rays have in the IF makes me think that Iwamura would be a decent option to look into. Good defender, pretty good OBP guy, and seems like a very good fit in the 2 hole.

You'd think signing Koskie would make that move even more likely. I mean, I know they plan on moving him to 2nd base, but still, they've got several others who could play there.

I am pretty sure they already said they were moving Iwamura to 2b, his natural position, which makes me think Longoria will be the starting 3b.

Yeah Iwamura will play 2B for them this season because Upton makes Weeks look good at 2B, heh.
Yea, I'm just thinking that Bartlett could play 2B for them this season, as they could likely use the pitching more than the upgrade form Iwamura to Bartlett.

Bartlett will play SS. They gave Harris back in the trade and Zobrist is not considered much of a prospect, more of a back type who stays in the majors for his glove.

They also have one of the top prospects in all of baseball at SS. Not to mention Upton played 2nd for about half of last season, and that'd solve their OF glut(though that was largely accomplished with the aforementioned Twins deal and the trade in which they traded away the felon who's name escapes me at the moment.

They're likely not winning this year, and they have others who can play both positions. I think if we only trade with teams who have equal to or better players ready to jump in for the players we're going to get in return, our trade options are pretty limited.

Archived