Brewer Fanatic

Who else is working on Christmas?

lukevan

I'm stuck on an oil rig out in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, about to start my 12 hour shift in a few hours here. I had to work last Christmas too, but I get all of February off and not a lot of 9-5 jobs will let you have entire months off. We're cooking up a nice Christmas dinner tonight though.

I worked. Can't shut a farm down for a day. That said, my employees are probably some of the few that actually fight to be able to get to work Christmas. Most are thousand of miles away from any family and they get paid double. So being in the holiday spirit I create an opportunity for those whose day off falls on Christmas to actually work. You probably don't see that much elsewhere.

My old man hasn't had a New Year's Day off in 30 some years, so I figure why start now? He fills in for me that day. I'll gladly work Christmas in order to get New Year's off.

Archived