Brewer Fanatic

Happy Festivus!

ryne100
I still laugh every year on this day. One of the best Seinfeld episodes ever. And there are a lot of great ones.

Gotta disagree there. I've seen every episode of Seinfeld and seen most of them multiple times, but i think that overall episode is among the least funny ones.

I'd probably have to sit and think about this for awhile if say i had to list my top 3-5 episodes, but very quickly off the top of my head, these these come to my mind

1. Jerry buying a car from Puddy while a starving George can feel his "stomach sucking against his spine" because Kip or Ned, short name, stole his Twix bar.

2. The contest. The four of them betting to see who can last the longest at being "master of your domain?"

3. Visiting the Hamptons where George experiences "shrinkage."

As i said earlier, i might makes changes to this if i took more time to think about it, but i've long thought that the Festivuv episode was very overrated. Plus, when it comes to thinking of favorite episodes, anything with Puddy for me will rank high along with any episode centered largely on George who clearly was IMO the funniest character on the show.

the end to "The Jimmy" gets me every time when Mel Torme sings to Kramer.

Also, "The Marine Biologist" is probably my funniest episode.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It would be very hard for me to pick my top 3-5 episodes. It seems like every time a see the start of a Seinfeld rerun I say..Oh, this is a good one.

I do remember that when "The Contest" first came out it was huge. I worked for a large bank at the time and I don't ever remember a TV show being talked about so much the next day. I remember sitting in the cafeteria and I swear I heard 3 or 4 tables around us talking about it, not to mention conversations in the elevator.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

speaking of Seinfeld, I got a terrible butcher job of a haircut on Christmas Eve afternoon, reminiscent of Jerry's awful cut in "The Haircut." I've been wearing a hat just about all the time since. Going to church looking like that was very uncomfortable.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

i can't tell the difference if i get a bad haircut vs. a good one. and they always show me the job they did on the back of my head. i always figure the etiquette in that situation is to accept the mirror and smile as if i think it looks good, but i don't really even care.

yeah, I get that etiquette question, too. And I, too, kind of just nod my approval.

But this one was a total butcher job. And by a barber that is not my normal barber, so it totally fits the Seinfeld symbolism.

- - - - - - - - -

There are so many great episodes of the show, it's really hard to narrow it down to just a few. Though I would agree that other than a few funny Festivus moments, that episode was kinda blah for me. My top 5, very quickly and in no particular order:

1. Merv Griffin set/Jerry drugging his GF to play with her Toys. More heavy gravy and wine? What's that thing in turkey that makes you sleepy? Triptafan...I think.

2. Marine Biologist

3. The Voice - "Helllllloooo. Lalalaa". Jerry's GF makes him choose the voice or her, George gets "fired" for not being handicapped yet still goes to work and Kramerica Industries develops the oil balloon/diaper and Elaine and Puddy get back together, sorta. All around good episode with all the characters.

4. The Contest

5. The Puffy Shirt - "But I don't wanna be a Pirate". George becomes a hand model as well. They use a clip from this at Miller Park when we play the Pirates, gets me every time.

I also really like Bizarro Jerry, not because it was overly funny, it was just a neat concept for one show I thought. For those of you that haven't seen this, this is a fun game to waste some time at work:

http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,98009,00.html

Archived