Brewer Fanatic

Counsell to be in the "Nutty Nutcracker"

sheetswannabe

Jeez, a Brewer does something fun and positive in the community during the dead of winter, and people just dogpile the guy.

Edit: I mean, yeah, the jokes are sitting there like a beer-league fastball, but come on

Agreed. Yikes, this is a tough room!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I agree, how come the managers around the league respect him so much but the fans from his home town concentrate on the weakest part of his game besides the defense, hustle and knowledge of knowing how to play the game? Not too many local guys make it and you rip one that didn't get a college scholarship and found a niche in MLB by simply playing the game hard.

All I know is that if Ben Sheets were doing this -- He be on the 60 day DL shortly after their first performance.

"For example, Counsell is expected to take part in the battle between the toy soldiers and the rats, and in this case, the soldiers will be dressed as the Brewers and the rats as the dastardly Chicago Cubs"

I think this is what is referred to as legitimate theater.

All I know is that if Ben Sheets were doing this -- He be on the 60 day DL shortly after their first performance.

"For example, Counsell is expected to take part in the battle between the toy soldiers and the rats, and in this case, the soldiers will be dressed as the Brewers and the rats as the dastardly Chicago Cubs"

And if Yost was directing, he'd pull the tin soldiers too early, and for the second consecutive performance Turnbow would come in and the rat/cubs would walk all over him ending the production prematurely. Confused patrons would then throw cups of beer.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif Great post, TBadder. Thanks for the chuckle.

Edit: I mean, yeah, the jokes are sitting there like a beer-league fastball, but come on

Sir, you hold us in too high of esteem! It's all fun & games. Kudos to Craig for being up for this.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

All the posters here, who look at the small details in baseball, are special. Then to only look at the one thing every average fan looks at to rip on a local player who walked on at Notre Dame, didn't break in to the majors until 26, maintained a great reputation throughout major league baseball and continues to play stellar defense along with a great role model for playing hard to our young studs is shallow imo. Why can't you appreciate the positives instead of ripping on the mediocre aspects of his game? It's too simple.

Craig's got two sons and a daughter who I'm sure are going to enjoy the performance. There will be other dads up there, it's just that Craig happens to be the local big league Brewer, and gets his mention on mlb.com.

It's kind of sad that of the mlb.com recent articles, Counsell's gets a "humorous" thread mention here, but no one felt that the Bill Hall / Rickie Weeks trip to the Negro League Hall of Fame warranted a thread for discussion.

Aeschylus is wiping a tear of pride from his cheek

No one will ever get me to say Craig Counsell's not an upstanding person. He's a charitable man, universally well-liked, and perservered to make it to a long career in the majors, despite limited natural skills.

So I'm not ripping on him, especially for this.

But the story IS the equivalent of a lob pass near the basket for a Jason Richardson dunk.

I just hope Craig's onstage performance doesn't end up like a certain NL Central manager who turned to drink a few weeks later:

http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/12/larussarabbit.jpg

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Archived