Brewer Fanatic

NYM signs Matt Wise (1yr/1.2M or 750k buyout)

Tisko

Does anyone else think it's interesting that the Mets thought it necessary to include a 750K buyout in this contract? To me that looks like they're unsure of whether he'll be effective at all, and wanted to limit the risk of being stuck with him for the season by including a buyout should he stink in spring training.

I think this looks like yet another example of the rooting interest amongst a lot of us overvaluing Matt Wise as a trade commodity/reliever.

"I love Matty".

Please.

Most of you get to attached to these guys. Wise is a good guy. Great. That doesn't change the fact that over the last half of virtually every season he was a Brewer, he had trouble getting guys out.

My sincere apologies. Matt, you stink. They should've run you out on a rail long ago.

"I love Matty".

Please.

Most of you get to attached to these guys. Wise is a good guy. Great. That doesn't change the fact that over the last half of virtually every season he was a Brewer, he had trouble getting guys out.

Wow, this seems unneccesarily harsh. So what, he likes the guy. So do I, I had a great encounter with him in Spring Training a year ago and talked about a Madison halloween with him. He is a great guy, very conversational. In that respect, I'm sad to see him go. But, I recognize that he didn't really make a lot of sense to keep around this year, just like Jenkins (another player I loved). I also don't see anywhere in Tbadder's post where he bemoans the fact that we lost him or where he lauds his great performance. In fact I believe he even said that Wise made hitters look bad "at times".

you gotta be careful about being a fan of certain players...

for example, david eckstein is one of my favorites...i met him about 5 years ago and he was the nicest person on the planet...but everyone here hates him because daron sutton liked him...

anyway, just email briggs next time before you voice your opinion to make sure it's ok with him

Archived