Brewer Fanatic

favorite former farmhand

DHonks

I was going to say Braggs, too, so I'll pick someone else.

I know at the time I was thrilled to see Dave Nilsson hit .400 in Helena. I think that was 1987 or so?

One more, even though he's not a Brewer (or was he? I think Detroit) was Jim Walewander. Loved the name, thought he'd be something.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Braggs, now he was a big dude. I remember when Bo Jackson was breaking bats over his knee and I thought that was fairly impressive no matter how. . . well .. . not smart it was. Then I saw Braggs break one literally over his "larger than normal" neck, I laughed and thought to myself "I wouldn't recommend Bo try that". Sorry this was off topic, but Braggs was my favorite because he was so darn BIG.

Glenn Braggs was 6'3" 210lbs. Not small by any means, and definitely huge for the day; but by todays standards, not all that big. One of my favorite "bored at my parent's house" activities is to look through my old baseball cards and pick out people who I thought were "huge" and compare their size to post steroid/year round workout guys. For example, Brady clark is 6'2" 207lbs.

George Canale was one of my favorite Brewer farmhands.

Archived