Brewer Fanatic

Worst Rock Band of All Time

homer
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadsy, Korn's ultra-lame 80's-style techno-metal pet project!

Wasn't that Cher/Gregg Allman's kid who sang for them? Not that it means anything, just one of those useless knowledge nuggets I picked up somewhere.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Just out of curiousity why does everyone hate Nickleback so much?

You all are missing the obvious worst band ever...RUSH!!

Deadsy, Korn's ultra-lame 80's-style techno-metal pet project!

Wasn't that Cher/Gregg Allman's kid who sang for them? Not that it means anything, just one of those useless knowledge nuggets I picked up somewhere.
Elijah Blue Allman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll add Linkin Park to the mix as well. Let's scream about something, add some mixing, and then a rap - nice formula.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nickleback is the blueprint for terrible. There are so many other horrible modern hard rock bands out there, I can't even come up with a select few.

I have to disagree about Limp Bizkit, Creed, The Offspring and Green Day, however. In order to be considered the "worst rock band of all time" that band could not have put out any good records. At least that would be my definition. In the case of Limp Bizkit and Creed, their inaugural releases were both actually pretty good. A quick and hard fall ensued, but you can't ignore what they did in the beginning. The Offspring and Green Day are similar, except that they didn't go downhill as much as make their style more poppy and get lazy creatively. Dexter Holland and Billie Joe Armstrong are both really talented guys who have sadly lost their way.

And limiting the worst rock band of all time discussion to recent musical history isn't fair to the hundreds and thousands of bands that sucked in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

my adddition to the thread is not based on being a terrible group musically or musicianship-wise, just a band I hate to listen to.

Pink Floyd

The most over-rated band of all time next to U2.

I immediately turn any pink floyd tune the second it comes on the radio. They are so over-played it makes me sick to my stomach.

Some here love them, most at least like them, but to me, it is like nails on a chalkboard.

RUSH? Damn, they have some really good albums, 2112 is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Any band that has a rap influence is crap to me. Rappers aren't bands, which is why I didn't make a long list of bad rap, do any of them even play their own music?

I would expect anyone not into the 80's hair type metal to hate that stuff too, but if you lived it, and were a metalhead in the 80's, you would feel differently. Lots of those bands had a great catalogue of music, but since the media dubbed them talentless hacks in the early 90's when grunge knocked them off the charts, most follow that statement like sheep. In the past few years though, their music has come back a bit.

Did I mention that all rap is crap? lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I have never liked Nickelback. They are so unoriginal and formulaic. They are the picture of blah and blandness. Rockstar is a creep in the right direction for them but it's not enough. It has a little bit of originality but too much of the song has been done by better, more original. It's basically a very poor man's rock version of Brad Paisley's Celebrity. They really need to start being themselves. I have a hard time believing their music is an accurate reflection of them. Nobody can be that bland and boring. If they really are that bland and boring...wow.

now that I think about it, it is absolutely impossible to limit the worst rock band of all time to a single act...

there are sooooo many bad bands in the history of rock and roll that to name a single one is just not possible.

turborickey wrote:

I would expect anyone not into the 80's hair type metal to hate that stuff too, but if you lived it, and were a metalhead in the 80's, you would feel differently. Lots of those bands had a great catalogue of music, but since the media dubbed them talentless hacks in the early 90's when grunge knocked them off the charts, most follow that statement like sheep. In the past few years though, their music has come back a bit.

Why is it always some media conspiracy with you, Turbo? You could look at it as the media listened to those of us who said they blew at the time and finally agreed with us, like sheep.

And, yes, their music has come back a bit. Like when you throw up a little in your mouth...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Did I mention that all rap is crap?

That's a tough statement to make if you haven't listened to all rap. Why would you say something like that about a musical genre? I mean, besides your argument that they "don't play their own music" - which isn't true.

I have never heard a rap song I liked, after hearing countless songs of said genre, I am assuming I hate it all. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Rap is crap..........................imo

I had a girlfriend in college that owned a Milli Vanilli CD, and my first room mate played Rush until I could no longer stand it. However, for this forum, I will nominate Great White. "Once Bitten Twice Shy" received way too much air time. They had a song in the top 40 about 7 years ago on some sort of comeback CD and you could actually replace the lyrics from that song into the background music from "Once Bitten..."

I can understand people not being into them, but I don't see how anyone can bash U2 in terms of musicianship. I mean, Bono's vocal range alone is pretty amazing. Edge's guitar parts are pretty effects-driven, but it's the trademark of U2's sound. I think a lot of people don't like them because of Bono's politics.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I am assuming I hate it all.

What a horrible way to listen to music.

ahhh, there is the rub, you consider rap music, I do not, therefore, your statement doesn't make sense.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

While I really don't like 80's hair metal, I will admit to going to a Tesla/Firehouse concert back in the day. I think the hot chick/guy ratio was easily 5 to 1.

As far as rap, I won't go as far to say none of it is music, but a fair portion of it isn't. I've never listened to rap that I like, and I know it's not a taste I care for, so I won't bother with it.

Archived