Brewer Fanatic

Worst Rock Band of All Time

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Criteria:

1) Must have had at least one popular hit.

2) must suck

My choice: Puddle of Mudd

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EASY:

#1 Bay City Rollers

#2 Michael Boton and Celen Dion (These Losers MUST Qualifie)

#3 Marjor Tie: New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees and Insync

If anyone here hates me and wants to torure me here's what you do, tie me up, put head phones on me and PLAY THIS CRAP!!!!!

I'LL SWALLOW MY TONGE TO END IT ALL!!!!!

yeah they suck, but they aren't really rock bands. Disco and early 90s adult soft rock, its not really stretching to say it is all terrible. Pop music is intolerable. I love the Creed and Nickelback thoughts, truely terrible. Mine are more " I just hate these guys" U2 and Radiohead are two of my least favorite groups ever and yes I am aware that fans of those groups will argue to the death that they are the greatest bands ever, but I hate them and no amount of "but dude, they are so awesome" will ever change that

In order of suckitude

Nickelback (they are on their own - in another galaxy of suck, if you will...)

The Offspring

Limp Bizkit

My Chemical Romance

Fall Out Boy

Plain White Ts

Basically every band that sounds like the above named 3 bands

Poison

Queensryche

Motley Crue

Aw, hell, all 80s hair metal bands

REO Speedwagon

Nightranger

Pretty much every band on WKLH or The Hog that isn't AC/DC, Zep or Floyd

Any band where the lead singer sounds like the Cookie Monster

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Offspring's first album was pretty good, but after that........yeesh.

Ok, there seems to be a running theme here, and I'll go with it.

Creed

Nickelback

Puddle of Mudd

Bush

Candlebox

Offspring

Green Day

Good Charlotte (Heck, just about any "anthem rock" band nowadays that claims to be "punk", I can't stand)

I'm going to say Nirvana also. Kurt Cobain set the art of playing an instrument skillfully back by 15 years. After their first album, record companies were jumping all over anybody who could string 3 crappy chords together while singing about something that pisses them off.

The Eagles

I know a lot of people disagree but I just can not stand The Eagles. They are the one band that is absolutely banned from my music collection.

If we are talking worst in terms of musical skill, I'd have to go with Big Brother & The Holding Company or any of the numerous early-80s hardcore bands but, unlike the Eagles, most of them had redeeming qualities.

In terms of worst musical skill among solo artists, the obvious choices are Sid Vicious, GG Allin, and Hasil Adkins. I don't know if any of them had any "hits" though, unless you count songs Sid Vicious actually had nothing to do with.

Nickelback (they are on their own - in another galaxy of suck, if you will...)

yeah -- hard to argue this. They continue to suck unchecked.

Any band where the lead singer sounds like the Cookie Monster

I agree -- except I love Cookie Monster's solo efforts "Me Lost Me Cookie in the Boogie Music" is an underrated classic.

I know a lot of people disagree but I just can not stand The Eagles

I hear you -- I was really content when they promised to never reunite. Liars.

I have to stick to my thesis that all bands named after geographical locations suck and go with Boston.

Tom Waits kicks ass. "Cold, Cold Ground", "Way Down In The Hole", "Hoist That Rag", "You Can Never Hold Back Spring", and "The Return Of Jackie & Judy" are some of my favorite songs. His covers of Good Night Irene, Danny Says, and Sea Of Love are also pretty cool.

I also really like Oasis. Their last 4 albums have sucked but their first two were legitimately excellent. They're like the Nas of rock, they'll never live up to their early work.

AC/DC is another band I have an affinity for, even if they are kind of played out. In their prime they could really bring it. They always seemed like a stripped down Led Zeppelin to me.

I don't know if I can really defend Green Day because I hated them during the "Dookie" era but they've grown on me over the years. Warning: is an underrated album and American Idiot really does bring to mind The Who's "A Quick One", to which I've often seen it compared.

And I can't leave this thread without saying that Guitar Hero III gave me a new appreciation for Kiss and Poison. Both could definitely be said to suck but I think they have their moments. Both bands are campy and dated but I think they can be guilty pleasures.

Worst rock bands for me:

Goo Goo Dolls

Marilyn Manson

Limp Bizkit

Nickelback

Other bands that really suck:

Milli Vanlli - their grammy was revoked for fraud

Culture Club - so puking gay

All them boy bands - backstreet boys, boyzone, new kids on the block, nsync, take that, westlife, color me badd... Yuck!

Archived