Brewer Fanatic

How about Delwyn Young?

Going back to the outfield situation and looking at the Dodgers again, how would you feel about trading for Delwyn Young? He's a left handed hitter with some pop, which is what we are looking for. The Dodgers seem set in the outfield and have him and Ethier sitting around. Delwyn had a huge year in the minors and had an obp of .384 and had a nice turnout in the bigs for the short time he was up.

A phone call wouldn't hurt, just to find out if he's available.

I just don't see why the Dodgers would be interested in another starting pitcher, which is obviously the Brewers' main trading piece(s). I've seen numerous suggestions involving sending Capuano + somebody over to LA for one of their outfielders, particularly Ethier. I just don't understand why the Dodgers would be interested in Cappy or any other starting pitcher:

Billingsley

Kuroda

Loaiza

Lowe

Penny

Schmidt

Now I won't pretend to know that they'll all be back for sure next year, but I count 5 quality (Loaiza the exception) starting pitchers on the Dodgers' active roster. I'd assume the odd man out for them right now is Loaiza, but then who does Capuano replace? I don't know Schmidt's injury status either, I'm just assuming he's going to be healthy come April. And if they would want Cappy for long relief or something they'd want that much more from the Brewers if they're going to give up one of their outfielders.

I think things have changed regarding LA's need for starting pitching once they made the commitment to Kuroda. Most proposals based around pitchers like Sheets and Capuano were made prior to that.

Yeah with the Dodgers having a Rotation of

Penny

Lowe

Billingsly

Kuroda

Schmidt

They really do not need starting pitching now...unless Schmidt has a set back in his injured arm

Archived