Brewer Fanatic

Winter Warm Up

lexi881

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Brewers set Winter Warm-Up

The Brewers will host the Winter Warm-Up at Miller Park on Tuesday, Jan. 15.

The Winter Warm-Up is the marquee event in a three-day celebration that includes autograph sessions, community events and live interviews previewing the 2008 season.

Brewers dignitaries scheduled to attend include manager Ned Yost, pitching coach Mike Maddux, bench coach Ted Simmons, National League rookie of the year Ryan Braun, Yovani Gallardo, J.J. Hardy, Corey Hart, Jeff Suppan and Rickie Weeks. Brewers prospects Mat Gamel and Matt LaPorta are also scheduled to attend.

As in years past, fans unable to attend the Winter Warm-Up at Miller Park will be able to tune in to live broadcasts on FSN Wisconsin from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and on WTMJ AM-620 from 3 to 7:30 p.m.

Other events during the three-day celebration include two autograph sessions on Monday, Jan. 14, in the Fan Zone Store at Miller Park. Each session will include two Brewers players. The first session will begin at 5 p.m. and the second will begin at 6 p.m. The autograph sessions are free and the first 150 fans at each session will receive a wristband granting them access to an autograph from the participating players.

For more information on the Winter Warm-Up, go to www.brewers.com/winterwarmup or call 414-902-4277.

http://www.postcrescent.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/brewers/index.shtml

Thanks for providing this info, as this was the first I have heard of the Winter Warm-Up (I didn't see it displayed prominently on the Brewers site nor did I see it talked about on the MLB forum). I'm even more excited to hear that Gamel and LaPorta will be there.

Mat got the call to go a week or two after he got home from Hawaii. Supposedly they invited 10 minor league players. Milwaukee in January is going to be a little chillier than Florida in January!

Hope everyone has a good Holiday Season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived