Brewer Fanatic

Cirillo: "I'd like to be a Brewer again"

Jarjohm

Found this interesting quote (allegedly) from Jeff Cirillo on a POST on CodBall.com:

"I still feel like there is some magic when I put on that Milwaukee uniform," Cirillo told me. "Last season I was up in Minnesota and I kept wondering, 'what am I doing here?' I missed Milwaukee. We went down to Milwaukee last season for an inter-league game and I hit a homerun. I love Miller Park and I'd like to be a Brewer again. It's a great community, and my family and I enjoy getting involved there. But who knows?"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we just cut Counsell? Everything about him makes me angry, whether it's Ned's irrational love for putting him in the starting lineup or the way he hits. But yeah I'm totally with hawing, my heart says yes and my brain says yes as well.

The only thing better than Cirillo returning would be him returning with Loretta.

Scratch that. The only thing that could make Cirillo's returning even better would be the subtraction of Craig Counsell.

I love Jeff Cirillo and have been campaigning/dreaming for his return since he signed up here w/ the Twins last December.

I love Cirillo and would love for him to retire a Brewer, but there just isn't a spot on this team for him. We need Counsell because he is left-handed and is our only back up SS, Rottino looks like a 25th man and he can catch and play outfield, and Dillon is also more versatile. Cirillo just doesn't fit. I would love to see him back calling games or coaching 3rd someday though.

After Yount and Molitor, Cirillo is my all time favorite Brewer. I was so upset when he was dealt to Colorado. I literally screamed out, "Nooooo!" when I first found out he signed with the Twins. I'd love to have him back - in number 26 this time. I echo the sentiment about having Loretta & Cirillo on the bench. Thats usually the first moves I make when I fire up the franchise mode in MLB The Show.

Cirillo & Loretta - Together again. Again.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Cirillo = Brewers Icon

I am not sure Cirillo would help us win this year however. We have Dillon already off the bench to fill Cirillo's role - and Dillon is cheaper. Of course, if Dillon gets significant playing time in the outfield - perhaps we could use Cirillo. (Or, for that matter if Dillon gets significant playing time at 3B)

But I have to think his veteran leadership is worth something. I would love to see him with the Brewers next year. He could play. He could coach. Or he could take over Davey Nelsons role during the telecast.

This thread has me thinking - I need a Jeff Cirillo jersey!

Cirillo is the one player in all of baseball for whom I cast away all common sense about roster building and would just like to see make the team in some capacity. I was pissed off when they traded him, and became equally as angry when they let him go last offseason. I don't know why, but 'Rillo=Brewers to me, and I'd love to have him back. At least give the guy a shot.

Archived