Brewer Fanatic

Trade Proposal for KC

I actually wouldn't do it. It looks good on paper but I think Hall is going to outperform Teahan and Cappy for DeJesus would seem to favor the Royals. Former 18-game winning, All-Star appearing lefties are not that easily found. Give me Cappy and Hall for Gordon, and I'll do it, but Dayton Moore is hanging up.

I have been an advocate of DeJesus as the guy can defend in CF, hits lefty and can get on base. Put him 2 in the Brewers lineup and I think he thrives, but I have no idea what kind of deal it would take to get him, and unless Hall goes back to third and Braun goes to left we still have major defensive issues.

Teahan can't really play 3B.

Teahan is a Gold Glove quality third baseman.

I don't follow the Royals closely, so I am not 100% sure on this, but everything I've read or heard leads me to believe that Teahan has terrible range at third base. No doubt he'd be an upgrade from Braun, but third base would still be a defensive liability.

Edit: I looked up Teahan's RZR on Hardball Times--(for the record, I have no idea how good of a measure it is). Here were his MLB ranks among qualified third basemen:

14/18 in 2005

18/21 in 2006

So if these are at all accurate, it looks like I might have been a little harsh in saying that Teahan can't play third base at a passable level, but it also looks like he is far from gold glove caliber as well.

At best, he would appear to be subpar defensively. However, many moons ago, scouts said he had a nice arm and skills...but, he's not likely to improve much at 27+.

I'm more concerned about his lack of offense than his D...his career numbers are simply not all that good. They are especially weak if he is not a 3B...as a 1B/LF/RF, he's barely passable.

Archived