Brewer Fanatic

some pretty sweet jerseys on ebay

jason21nl

None of those will sell. Complete ripoff. They might cost that much in a store, I'll be shocked if anyone goes for those. People don't understand that you need to just start all your auctions at $0.99. They will get up to value on their own ... and you save a ton of money by using a $0.99 start price. The FVF on something you start at $5,000 has to be massive.

No way they'll get close to that. The Brewers auctioned off the Negro League and Cerveceros jerseys and the Braun/Fielder ones went for around $2000-2500 and those were even autographed which these aren't. I picked up the Jenkins and Sheets Negro League Bears game worn autographed jerseys for under a grand total w/ tax and shipping.

I love when eBay auctioneers get some semi-unique item and think it automatically qualifies them for a small fortune.

I am the seller of the 3 Brewers jerseys on ebay. I love this quote by Invader3k. Shows me how ignorant some people are. I did not know that $5000 asking price on a jersey was a small fortune, obviously to the people that I am going to sell the jersey to, $5000 is an investment on Brauns future. An A-Rod Rookie just sold for close to $30,000. I never planned on someone buying it for $5000 but I needed a starting point and I can not go up on my asking price but I can surely go down. $3680 is more than a fair price and the buyer is estatic to own the jersey. And for everyone else these are my buy prices on game used Brewers jersey, so if you have one I will purchase it for the following prices, cash:

Braun- $1500- home, road, or alternate

Fielder- $1000- home, road, or alternate

Gallardo- $500- home, road, or alternate

add $250 for the Friday Night jerseys

masauction, I would say there's a pretty big difference between a jersey worn by A-Rod, and one worn by a somewhat well-known player in his first or second year. Good for you on your "investment" paying off, though. I still could not see paying anywhere close to that for any of those jerseys, but if someone has that kind of disposable income to spend on something that makes them happy, then good for them.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Just a bit of friendly advice, I'd suggest that as a seller you might want to protect your reputation by not coming here and calling people ignorant. This is a very strong and close Brewers community, some of us are very deep into our collections. Some of us may very well be a potential customer one day. I myself can't begin to count the many thousands of dollars I invest in Brewers merchandise/memorabilia every year - and I know for a fact there are others on this board that do the same thing.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Because the Brewers charge $1,200, surely I can charge $5,000. Good luck buddy. BTW, Insertion fee on $5000 is $4.80, Upgrades - $1.10, Final Value Fee, $93. Paypal fee $145 - ouch.

I can see by your post that you are not in business to make money. Brewers charged $2000 on the jersey not $1200. If you are worried about paying $5.90 to list the jersey and another $238 to sell it, this business is over your head. I can charge whatever I want when I own the jerseys, YOU do not need to buy it. This is America. Should I use the "I" word again?

Oh where to begin.

I can charge whatever I want when I own the jerseys,

First, you seem to be confused. You see, I never said you couldn't sell your wares for whatever price you choose. I simply said that I did not think $5,000 was a good price. And seeing as how it didn't sell for that, I guess the market agreed with me.

This is America.

In your America it's okay to over reach on your asking price but not for me to to say I think it's to high?

If you are worried about paying $5.90 to list the jersey and another $238 to sell it, this business is over your head.

I was actually responding to someone else's inquiry about how much the listing fee's would be. I really wasn't worried about it (don't worry - I didn't lose any sleep over it). The "ouch" remark is called commentary, as in, "ouch, paypal fee's suck".

I can see by your post that you are not in business to make money.

I can tell by your post that your not in the customer relations business. You see, whether you choose to believe it or not I AM a potential customer of yours. My collection reaches far beyond bobbles and giveaways. For me you inventory my collection of game used memorabilia would be like bragging, not to mention unnecessary. Your posts have contributed nothing to the conversation other than to let us know that what kind of salesman you are. The next time I'm in the market for a GU jersey (always) or the next time I'm asked to refer people to a good dealer through my website, I'll be sure to send them your way.

All I said was - as a seller you might want to protect your reputation. You may not have protected it, but you certainly reinforced it.

Should I use the "I" word again?

Depends, are you standing near a mirror?

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

i like how he tries to call out 20fry, the funny thing is that he didnt touch on the fact that someone called him nuts, or that they were a complete ripoff, and that they wouldnt sell. better yet he was quick to explain that jerseys cost 2000 and olsonnet got the jenks and sheets for under a grand. he must not be in the business of making money since the jersey cost 2000 and he is selling the hart jersey for 1250. but he does have the right to TRY and sell them for whatever price he wants. that aside why dont you go and cry somewhere else about how ignorant people are. you are ignorant for joining a brewers fan site and trying to call anyone out.

Archived