Brewer Fanatic

BAL claims Greg Aquino off waivers from MIL - Latest: Corresponding move NOT imminent

dpapo
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankee blog post changed within the last few minutes. I'm pretty sure it said Milwaukee when I saw it.

Don't sweat it - Peter Abraham is usually very reliable, as is Rotoworld. Needless to say, I would be disappointed if Vizcaino signed with Colorado, although that's who I'd heard the most in regards to him.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

As for those rumors about the Brewers signing reliever Jose Vizcaino, which makes no sense to me, apparently that came from a blog from a reporter who covers the Yankees. Now, I understand he has changed the blog to say Vizcaino is going to Colorado, not Milwaukee.
What is it with TH and names?

Anyways, looks like Luis may be headed to Colorado.

I get the impression that the WSSP interview was taped earlier, as they didn't even ask about Aquino.

It is WSSP though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Something's would surely be going down in the next 12 hours, I'd imagine.
Melvin did say he spent four hours with the staff working the phones with nothing happening, but wait you waived a player, why Mr. Melvin? I just have this suspicion that the Brewers are going to make a huge splash this offseason. What I don't know, but I can't see Ensberg or anything like that. First Rolen, then Tejada, and the players both wanted to come here. We can't go get a Dallas McPherson after all of this, can we?

Interesting, but I smell a non-story here. Obtaining a viable 3rd baseman would in all likelihood cost the Brewers multiple 40-man roster players, meaning they wouldn't have to waive Aquino, unless it was just an Ensberg-like signing.

Something's would surely be going down in the next 12 hours, I'd imagine.
Melvin did say he spent four hours with the staff working the phones with nothing happening, but wait you waived a player, why Mr. Melvin? I just have this suspicion that the Brewers are going to make a huge splash this offseason. What I don't know, but I can't see Ensberg or anything like that. First Rolen, then Tejada, and the players both wanted to come here. We can't go get a Dallas McPherson after all of this, can we?

I think Ensberg would be a great idea. Although, I suppose a 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 trade would make some sense as well (Sheets/Hall for Kemp/Ethier/? with minor leaguers being thrown either way). I'd have to imagine we'd find our LF or 3B solution pretty soon tho.

Archived