Brewer Fanatic

BAL claims Greg Aquino off waivers from MIL - Latest: Corresponding move NOT imminent

dpapo
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TNBrewerFan, I think there's no question that some guys are going, just look at all of that guaranteed money the Brewers have sitting in the pen, and in the rotation for that matter, there's no way all of these guys can stay.

I can't say for sure that it's going to be Rolen, but at least one deal has to happen, we can't keep this many starters, we can't keep this many relievers.

Good sneakitude by Doug, nobody seemed to realize Aquino was even on waivers, and I'd never heard Vizcaino in a rumor once.

Aquino ---- Mota

Spurling ---- Torres

Wise ---- Vizcaino

McClung --- McClung

Shouse ---- Shouse

TBow ---- Riske

CoCo ---- Gagne

I would MUCH rather have Turnbow than McClung, I think he might be the odd man out here if anything.

The Yankees were trying to keep Vizcaino, the Yankees have acknowledged all winter that their bullpen is weak right now, there is no love for NY in Baltimore, Doug called a radio show this morning and said the Brewers had talked to Baltimore about Tejada recently, then he said deals that no one is talking about often happen, then the Brewers silently waive Aquino, who is claimed by Baltimore, just as the Brewers announce an agreement with Vizcaino.

I don't think there's one coincidence in there. We couldn't have added Vizcaino if Aquino was still here, we don't have room for everyone as it is, the O's are in total rebuild, they can afford to give Aquino a shot, I have no doubt that this was basically a trade between the Brewers and O's. Instead of non-tendering Aquino, we signed him for next season, and then waived him, so he could not choose his destination... "We'll float you Aquino, we want Vizcaino, and it takes him away from the Yankees, whattya say, Pal?"

I half-jokingly predicted this one when I was talking to some friends. His numbers have been decent and I think he'll do just fine. I don't want to trade Turnbow, but it really is starting to look like that's going to happen.

well here is rotoworld's source, it doesn't say for sure its us

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2007/12/14/vizcaino-lands-in-milwaukee/

Luis Vizcaino reportedly has agreed to a two-year, $7 million deal with a team in the NL, likely Colorado although other teams were involved.

not the best source in the world and you wouldn't know anything about the brewers if it wasn't in the url. Also a fan blog as a source, didn't we learn our lessons from the adam dunn fiasco last season.

I would hope WFAN is wrong and that we didn't start a 2 page rumor about Vizcaino in the major league forum. all the yankees blog provided as a link said was that he signed with an NL team. This looks like pure rumor to me. where did somebody get the idea that the NL team he signed with was the brewers?

Ok first of all all this Signing means is that 1 of our 3 on the bubble starters is traded(Vargas, cappy, Bush)

If Cappy is traded Parra is the rotation.....then its a battle between Bush and Vargas for long RP...with Bush likely being dealt sometime during Spring

If Cappy stays then Parra is the Minors to strengthen that arm that has had injury problems.... then its Bush or vargas getting traded with the other in the Bullpen

Bullpen

CL- Gagne

SU- Riske

MR- Turnbow

MR- Vizcaino

MR- Mota

MR- Torres

LOOGY- Shouse

Long Man- Bush/vargas

13 man Pen thats what the Brewers had from basically July on to the end of the season last year..

Now what this could also mean is that Torres changed his mind again decedided to retire again because maybe he wanted a crack at the Closers job... and got pissed when agne was signed

That's funny, the link from Rotoworld has been updated, earlier, it stated that Vizcaino had signed with Milwaukee, and gave contract terms....now it says he signed with an NL team, probably Colorado.

If he isn't coming here, it's nobody's issue at BF.net, dump on the guys at Rotoworld.

Ha! It'll be funny if not only Vizcaino didn't sign with Milwaukee, but if Tom Haurdricourt was mistaken and Aquino wasn't placed on waivers. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I should make it clear though, that it still does appear that Aquino was claimed by Baltimore.

Archived