Brewer Fanatic

How about Chad Tracy?

Anyone think asking about Tracy is a possibility. Arizona and the Brewers have worked out some deals the past few years. I know they have another young guy by the name of Reynolds who filled in for Tracy when he was hurt and did a nice job. I've also read that they've been looking to add some pitching. With those two things in mind would they be compelled to move him? Maybe they'd take Capuano back or Bush and a couple of our prospects. I'm not sure on Tracy's defense; I don't know where to reference those sorts of numbers. What do you think??

Tracy had to have microfracture surgery on his knee (see: Oden, Greg), which is always hard from which to recover. He only saw time at 3B in 2004 & 2006, so it's hard to tell from metrics where he stands (that's if you put any weight into them at all), but his numbers look to be about average. Now, if he were healthy, he'd be someone to jump at adding.

EDIT: Here's Tracy's Hardball Times page. THT is a great site for stats (& much more). Here's THT's main stats page. Play around with the filters; it's really a phenomenal site. The only drawback is that you can only see the most recent 4 seasons on player pages. Oh well.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

NievesNoNO, I like your avatar...April 15th 1987...great day!!! Welcome to the board.

Pass on Tracy...I know this may not happen, but I'm hoping they pull off a big trade, BIG! I just don't see Tracy being...BIG. The brewers have some nice trade bait and I know that we can land someone more dominant than Tracy.

Plus, he sucks at Fantasy Baseball.

actually, that trade was still very good from the Dbacks perspective. Sexson was off to the best start of his career before a fluke injury. In reality, they got Sexson and we got Overbay, 1 year of Counsell, and Capuano. I guess you could say that De La Rosa got us Graffanino. Still, had Sexson not had a fluke injury, they would have gotten the best of the deal, easily.

Chad Tracy has supposedly resumed baseball activities. I think I read somewhere that he was either working out at their facility or was thinking of a winterball assignment. Either way, he's expected to be 100% when spring training opens

Archived