Brewer Fanatic

Dallas McPherson anyone?

According to Rotoworld, McPherson was non-tendered by the Angels today. He's only 27, and not too long ago was considered a can't miss 3B prospect. he's battled injuries, but it might be an opportunity to catch lightning in a bottle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=3892

Big kid with good power potential. Also a left-handed hitter. Why not take a flyer? If it doesn't work out, you won't lose much.

Yeah, I was just gonna post that link. He was amazing in the minors and started to get it going in the majors until he got hurt. I would totally take a chance on him, especially since we need a lefty, obp, and a 3rd baseman/LF.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I would take him in a second if he is anywhere near healthy. The guy has a career .959 OPS, and has raked at every level before being injured. He may be a big strikeout guy, but if he can regain some plate patience, and start taking some walks again hed be a bargain pickup that could workout.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
No thanks. We had Russell Branyan once already, and he was a passable defensive player. McPherson would be a good candidate for a NRI to the majors "Land of Misfit Toys", aka the Washington Nationals. (insurance for Zimmerman's injury issues).

IIRC, he played some fall instructional ball, albeit not exceptionally well. So at least he's been back out on the diamond, getting some of the rust off.

If the price tag was low, I'd take a look, especially if we were looking at some kind of scrub platoon at 3B. He could really be a nice player (although I would by no means bet the ranch on it, given how seriously he messed up his back).

Wow this is a guy Id love to add.

I dont think he needs to remain at 3rd base - I think he would be a dynamite corner OF or a backup plan at 1st base. Id try and sign him and put him on the major league roster as a PH for the 08 season to let him get back to thing and take his recovery slow. If he never is back to full strength, you have a Left handed pinch hitter on your bench with Power. Every team has a need for that.

This is a guy who has been thru so much in his career already. I like these kind of guys on my teams.

Archived