Brewer Fanatic

SF signs Aaron Rowand (5yr/60M)

fondybrewfan

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That's a lot of years and money for a guy who's as reckless as Rowand. Not to mention his year to year offensive stats are as up and down as a yo-yo. I know guys bounce around a bit, but his OPS the last 4 years (.905, .736, .746, .889) are so "all over the place" that you don't have a real good shot of knowing what Rowand you're going to get. Bear in mind that he's played the last few years in a bandbox, and the Giants park isn't exactly hitter friendly.

I didn't realize the Giants could sign outfielders that were under the age of 40. I guess the new plan is to sign 30-somethings and lock them up until they are 40. Oh well, at least this keeps him from going to a team that could threaten the Brewers' playoff chances. Weaken the Phillies and strengthen the Giants... I'm all for it. Too bad someone like the Giants couldn't have outbid the Cubs for Fukudome.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Haha, the Giants are such a miserable franchise now. Sabean has to be fired soon doesn't he?

I believe the Giants actually gave him a contract extension this past year through at least 2009, with a club option for 2010. I have no idea how guys like Sabean and Bill Bavasi get contract extensions, but it sure makes me thankful to have a guy like Doug Melvin GMing the Brewers.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived