Brewer Fanatic

Board Game Stores?

cweber39

Hello-

Are there any stores around the Milwaukee area, that sells odd or hard to find board games. Ones that you would not see at Target, etc? I am looking for a specific one for a Christmas present, for the weekend. So far it looks like the only way I would get it, is by ordering it. Thanks!

If it wouldn't be potentially compromised for the gift-recipient, what board game is it?

(My family plays its share of board games, so I'm naturally curious. Plus, there's always the chance that someone else knows where you can find a copy.)

I own Neptune Comics in Waukesha. We carry board games that the big boxes don't carry. If we don't have it I can check with my distributors and special order games for you. We carry games from Fantasy Flight, Days of Wonder, Mayfair Games, Rio Grande Games, plus others. Let me know what your looking for and I'll see what I can do.

I just moved to Connecticut from Bay View - but I can still vouch for the Board Game Barrister on KK. The couple who own it are very nice & helpful, and they will special-order anything they don't have in stock. They do carry lots of oddball/specialty games.

Otherwise, there's Funagain Games, generally regarded as the best online store for board & card games.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Boardgamegeek.com is a pretty good place to try as well. You're going to get a much better price than you can get in any store, be it chain or otherwise. Depending on the person you buy from, you'll get it before Christmas. Last week I ordered a game for a gift from a store off of BGG, and got the game 3 days after payment.

My brother bought Munchkin and all it's expanisions. I know he bought it online, but I'm not sure if it was eBay or not. (he's buys stuff on there daily). That's a funny game for anyone that has a chance to play it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived