Brewer Fanatic

Adam McCalvy MIA?

JenksFan5

Is Adam McCalvy on vacation right now or are the Brewers trading within the division for the Cubs mlb.com beatwriter Carrie Muskat?

The last I saw anything from McCalvy was his latest mailbag on 12/10 but usually those are posted well after the questions have been answered. Anybody know for sure?

Sorry if this topic was addressed elsewhere.

(edited topic so other posters won't think Adam has been declared MIA - hawing)

I mistakenly credited Mcalvy for a terrible piece on brewers.com recently before I realized Muskat actually wrote it. Unfamiliar with her I googled her and found I am not alone in my assessment. Wow, what a reputation.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Could this be related?

Sports Reporter:

Company: MLB.com

Job Category: Sports and Recreation/Fitness

MLB.com, the Internet's fastest growing Web site and the Official Site of Major League Baseball, is seeking freelance reporters to help cover Major League Baseball for the 2008 season. We're interested in candidates with solid reporting skills and strong voices who are as well versed in writing about the sport off the field as they are about the games themselves.

Responsibilities include:

- Live reporting off of games, as well as the news of the day off the field.

- Factual reporting; intelligent writing.

- Professional representation of our company inside and outside our walls.

- Multimedia experience a plus.

Qualifications include:

- Four-year degree preferred.

- Passion for the sport, as well as a thorough knowledge of the sport.

- Experience in writing on deadline.

- Able to produce clean, crisp copy.

- Team player to work in field, as well as with editors.

- Good communicator and well-organized.

- Self-starter with a wealth of ideas.

- Willing to travel.

- Bilingual a plus.

Note: Baseball reporter job openings are subject to business requirements, and, as such, MLB.com positions may not be available with respect to all MLB teams. Only applicants that apply online will be considered. No phone calls please.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's just a mid-winter vacation. There's a "Sports Reporter" position posted for each of the 30 teams, and with the frequency that McCalvy writes I'd have to guess his position is full time as opposed to part time.

His articles are well-written and his mailbag is usually well thought out. I'm glad he's the Brewers reporter instead of someone less qualified.

Archived