Brewer Fanatic

Bob Uecker CD on sale

rickh150

What exactly is it? Is it stories, great calls or what?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

What exactly is it? Is it stories, great calls or what?

I'm thinking about getting it right now.

From the Website:

Bob Uecker is many things. He is a former big league ballplayer, and now a Hall of Fame Broadcaster. Bob is also a professional comedian and one of the funniest men who has ever lived. He is an actor and a commercial spokesman.

Bob Uecker is also my friend.

He and I were the radio announcing team of the Milwaukee Brewers for 12 years, ending in 1995. He taught me more about baseball than anyone, and we shared many great laughs together.

If you are a Bob Uecker fan, I can promise you 2 things: you will enjoy this CD, and you will laugh out loud while listening to it!

In producing this tribute, I tried to mix in plenty of Bob's Brewers radio highlights along with some hilarious moments of his entertainment career.

His 2003 Hall of Fame speech was a classic, and the highlights of it are on the CD.

If you are a longtime fan of the Milwaukee Brewers, there are entire tracks devoted to both 1982 and 1987, guaranteed to bring back happy memories. You will hear Bob making calls of big moments provided by players like Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie and Gorman Thomas. Robin's 3000th hit is the focus of Track #14.

Track #16 I called "Canadian Diplomacy" and it is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time. It's Bob (or is it?) pretending to be a French-Canadian journalist by the name of Jean Jacque Smythe.

It's doubtful that a former big league player will ever achieve the level of entertainment success that Bob Uecker has. Sure, he's been compensated for all those gigs, but he has always done that stuff "for laughs."

It's baseball that he loves and he keeps coming back year after year to his hometown to announce baseball on the radio for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Please enjoy the CD!

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Oh, I'm getting one. Done deal.

I tell you what, if that Harry Caray one had more of his on-the-air ramblings (like when he'd say names backwards or fumble through Grudzielanek "Mark G."), I'd almost get that CD too for the pure comedy value.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived