Brewer Fanatic

Wise DFA'd

patrickgpe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wise had one good season as a Brewer (2005). The other 3 he started fine but he fell off in the second and overall his numbers were rather ordinary.

When he was off, he got hit and hit hard. Better relievers don't allow slugging of .429 and .435 like he did the last two years. A two pitch pitcher essentially, once he struggled locating his mid 80's fastball he was toast.

A two pitch pitcher essentially, once he struggled locating his mid 80's fastball he was toast.

I thought it was a drop in velocity along with his change getting faster.

I will miss Wise. Who is else isgoing to hit their head going into the dugout and miss a couple weeks because of salad tongs. I don't see how we have a spot for Aquino, but not Wise. I know he wasn't effective on back to back days, but neither is Turnbow.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Wasn't he Turnbow's best friend on the team?

Gagne is his replacement friend. They golfed together once!

Remember when Wise was on the DL and the guys in the bullpen missed him, so they built a full size model out of him out of straws and plastic cups? That was my favorite Wise moment.

Also, what to do now with my avatar!?

Great, now we got to hire a friend for Turnbow too.

For the record, I like you, Matt Wise, the person. If only you had pin point accuracy with your fastball you'd be dominate. You can still get there, believe you can fly. I salute you, Matt Wise.

As Tom H. mentioned in his blog, Wise and Mench have been DFA'd, but this was just to clear roster spots.

Wednesday is the non-tender deadline, which occurs before the end of the 10-day window to trade, release, or assign to minor leagues, so none of these options will come into play.

Edit: slight clarification

Archived