Brewer Fanatic

stomach cramps, achey, dull pain

dadofandrew

The last couple days I have had the above, not feeling like I'm going to throw up, but just constant. I gutted it out yesterday and worked, but today I called in. It seems to hurt much less after I eat, but obviously, you can't have a full stomach all the time. The only minor thing that comes to mind is some sort of lactose intolerance, though I rarely drink milk.

Thoughts or ideas?

funny you should mention this. I had the exact same thing last week for probably one full day and most of another. it went away then, still not sure what it was. i was able to eat like normal and it actually felt better to eat and right after i ate. sounds like we had the same thing, don't worry it'll go away on its own.

I was just going to start a topic about this. The flu is going around like wildfire in the Fox Valley right now and I am one of the lucky ones that has it. If you have a friend or coworker that looks pale, is sweating and heading to the bathroom a lot STAY AWAY from them. The last 20 hours of my life have bordered hell. The thought of eating right now is sending me into the sweats again...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Online searches only tell me it could be irritable bowel syndrome or an ulcer.

It could be a stomach virus or flu. I don't know if your son is in school -- but get ready for your son to bring home some crazy viruses, I know I never got sick, until my kids started going to school.

Hang in there buddy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

that sounds like the flu that my daughter just had... first day was bad, 2nd day was better, 3rd day she was back to 100%...

sounds like the flu to me...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

3 days?!? I feel like I have already lost about 13 pounds. Maybe this kind of "diet" would work for guys like Johnny Estrada and Ray King? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Actually I just read up a little on what I have and it sounds like you may have what I have, I just didn't realize it since my symptoms aren't normal symptoms. Okay I think it could be Helicobacter pylori which is a bacteria that is found in the stomach.

In older children and adults, the most common symptom of peptic ulcer disease is a gnawing or burning pain in the abdomen, usually in the area below the ribs and above the navel. This pain typically gets worse when someone with ulcers has an empty stomach and improves as soon as he or she eats food, drinks milk, or takes antacid medicine.

Just talk to your doctor about getting tested for this. They either do blood test, breath tests or they can put you under and use an endoscope to look. I had the blood test but those don't always find anything. So talk to your doctor and see what he recommends but I really think it could be Helicobacter pylori.

If you do have that they'll put you on antibiotics for 2 weeks (I'm on Prevacid, Biaxin and Amoxicillin) and you take them 4 pills once in the morning and 4 pillso once at night. Woot! My last day of taking these pills! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nothing about lactose here. I have the good, old fashoned, FLU. I made a crack about some players needing the flu to lose some weight yesterday and I got to thinking about how much weight I had actually lost. I'm down about 12-15 pounds since Monday (weighed myself on Friday, not sure what the weekend did to me though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif). I can't wait to eat something real again...

Archived