Brewer Fanatic

Need your guys help with a survey, using results for a college paper

Cracked Bat Collector
I am writing a paper for a Writing in Business/Industry class discussing trying to reduce waste and increase recycling. I need to conduct a survey as one of my sources so if you could help me out and answer these questions honestly I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

1. How important do you feel recycling is for the environment? __ Very important __ Neutral __ Not important

2. Please indicate which of the following you recycle regularly at home and work.

(Indicate all that apply.) __ Aluminum __ Glass __ Paper __ Plastic

3. How many professional sporting events/games do you attend each year between the four major sports? (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL)

__ 0-5 __ 6-10 __ 11-15 __ 16-20 __ 21+

4. On average, how many bottled drinks do you purchase at each game? __ 0 __ 1 __ 2 __ 3 or more

5. After you are done with your beverage(s) at a game, what do you do with bottle(s)? __ Leave them under the seat __ Throw them in garbage in main concourse __ Take them out of the stadium to recycle somewhere

6. Which of the following would you do if a professional sports team were to place recycle bins throughout the concourses in the arena/stadium you attended for a game?

__ Still leave bottle(s) underneath seat __ Place bottle(s) in recycle bin __ Place bottle(s) in garbage can

1. How important do you feel recycling is for the environment? Very important

2. Please indicate which of the following you recycle regularly at home and work.

(Indicate all that apply.) _x_ Aluminum __ Glass _x_ Paper _x_ Plastic

3. How many professional sporting events/games do you attend each year between the four major sports? (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL)

__ 0-5 __ 6-10 __ 11-15 _x_ 16-20 __ 21+

4. On average, how many bottled drinks do you purchase at each game? __ 0 _x_ 1 __ 2 __ 3 or more

5. After you are done with your beverage(s) at a game, what do you do with bottle(s)? _x_ Leave them under the seat __ Throw them in garbage in main concourse __ Take them out of the stadium to recycle somewhere

6. Which of the following would you do if a professional sports team were to place recycle bins throughout the concourses in the arena/stadium you attended for a game?

__ Still leave bottle(s) underneath seat _x_ Place bottle(s) in recycle bin __ Place bottle(s) in garbage can

1. How important do you feel recycling is for the environment? _X_ Very important __ Neutral __ Not important

(Indicate all that apply.) _X_ Aluminum _X_ Glass _X_ Paper _X_ Plastic

_X_ 0-5 __ 6-10 __ 11-15 __ 16-20 __ 21+

4. On average, how many bottled drinks do you purchase at each game? __ 0 __ 1 _X_ 2 __ 3 or more

5. After you are done with your beverage(s) at a game, what do you do with bottle(s)? _X_ Leave them under the seat __ Throw them in garbage in main concourse __ Take them out of the stadium to recycle somewhere

ETA: At school and work I take them to be recycled, but for some reason I never think to do so after a ballgame. I'll remember to do it from now on though.

__ Still leave bottle(s) underneath seat _X_ Place bottle(s) in recycle bin __ Place bottle(s) in garbage can

1. How important do you feel recycling is for the environment? _x_ Very important __ Neutral __ Not important

(Indicate all that apply.) _x_ Aluminum _x_ Glass _x_ Paper _x_ Plastic

_x_ 0-5 __ 6-10 __ 11-15 __ 16-20 __ 21+

4. On average, how many bottled drinks do you purchase at each game?
__ 0 __ 1 _x_ 2 __ 3 or more

5. After you are done with your beverage(s) at a game, what do you do with bottle(s)? _x_ Leave them under the seat __ Throw them in garbage in main concourse __ Take them out of the stadium to recycle somewhere

__ Still leave bottle(s) underneath seat _x_ Place bottle(s) in recycle bin __ Place bottle(s) in garbage can

1. Not Important
2. None
3. 21+
4. 0
5. Leave them under the seat
6. Leave under the seat

I just want to point out the potential bias in your survey. If someone didn't care at all about the environment, they would likely look at this survey and just ignore it. Those that do care, are willing to take the time to fill out the information. So you are likely going to end up with results highly in favor of recycling.

Not to mention that some might not want to admit that they are very wasteful.

1. How important do you feel recycling is for the environment? _x_ Very important __ Neutral __ Not important

(Indicate all that apply.) _x_ Aluminum _x_ Glass _x_ Paper _x_ Plastic

__ 0-5 _x_ 6-10 __ 11-15 __ 16-20 __ 21+

4. On average, how many bottled drinks do you purchase at each game?
__ 0 __ 1 __ 2 _x_ 3 or more

5. After you are done with your beverage(s) at a game, what do you do with bottle(s)? __ Leave them under the seat _x_ Throw them in garbage in main concourse __ Take them out of the stadium to recycle somewhere

edit: It drives me nuts that there aren't recycling bins in parking lots and the stadiums / arenas themselves. It is so simple and wouldn't require much extra effort for the hosting organization / venue.

Archived