Brewer Fanatic

Paul Lo Duca vs jason kendall

Big Reed

Can anybody tell me the difference between these two catchers besides a regurgitation of their stats? I can look up their stats. La Duca just signed a 1 year deal with the nats today. I have to believe the brewers had a choice between Lo Duca and Kendall. I also realize the brewers gave kendall an option for a second year. What does kendall give the brewers that Lo Docu would not have? Lo Docu's average is higher and kendall's OBP is higher. Sudoku is two years older. but plays like he's two years younger? Kendoll used to have speed and a girlfriend named Barbie. Whereas Sudoku is a nice math game inbetween innings. neither one owns a gold glove. Although I've heard rumors of a bronze baby shoe. Lo Duca was an all star in 2005. Was there any other catcher worthy in the NL in 2005 of making the all star team?

I'm just curious with Lo Duca obviously on the market, why the brewers went after Kendall? It would appear they had their pick of either player.

First of all, "interesting" paragraph.

Second, I think stats are highly relevant when deciding which player to go after. I'm not sure what else you'd be looking for. Nobody, to my knowledge, on this site has had any type of relationship with either Kendall or Lo Duca, so personality can't really be commented on.

Besides straight stats, the only two reasons I can think of are age (and the expectation of a decline in play), and the possibility of Lo Duca simply not wanting to come to Milwaukee (not to say he would have been my first choice though).

Milwaukee used up its allotment for registered sex offenders when Ruben Patterson was here?

I didn't think he was ever conficted of anything from those events?? I remeber reading about the stories but nothing has come up since. Harsh to place a tag on someone that has yet to convicted of the crime.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Pretty sure she was 19 and it was very consensual. His only 'crime' was adultery.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is kendall known for having the better arm? or calling a better game? Statistically, I think they are a wash. Not a bad wash. kind of like one with ERA instead of Tide. You can Roll with one, but not the other. As cathers go , statistically, the y look they were the boy twins of the parent trap.

The only real difference I noticed was that kendall was younger. The article this morning didn't indicate how much Lo Duca signed for. I' m just assuming since it's with the nats, he didn't receive a whole lot.

Given a choice, I'm not really sure which one of the two I'd really want. Is it possible melvin thought the same way and gave both the same contract and signed the first one to accept?

Archived