Brewer Fanatic

Cat in the X-Mas tree

adamb100

I haven't had a cat in at least 20 years but I remember he would scratch at an antique love seat all the time so we got a spray bottle full of water and every time she went near it we'd squirt her with it. Worked like a charm. She soon stirred clear of that area all together. Not sure if you want to shoot water at Christmas lights though.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You could put the cat in a canvas bag, add some rocks, and.....oh wait, you LIKE the cat. Never mind.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We've been lucky in that our cats haven't wanted to climb (so far). With our first cat, we'd put unbreakable ornaments with bells on the lower branches, so we'd stand a chance of hearing when she attempted to bat at something (or in your case, climb in). As long as your aim doesn't completely suck, you should be able to squirt the kitty without hitting the tree lights.

Our first cat would drink from the tree stand every chance she got. Our current cats didn't care about the water, but would nibble on the needles. We haven't had a tree the last couple of years (lame, yes, but we spend every Christmas on the road, so it has seemed a little dumb to spend $$ on a tree we hardly use).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't know much about them, but they make static electric mats that deliver a shock when a pet steps on it. Something like this around the perimeter of the tree might work. My brother has these things for his dog. They should have them at Petco, PetSmart, etc.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

About the water and the X-mas lights. Would it be any different than those people who have lights outside on trees when it snows/rains? Ive never put up lights outside, are those special outside lights or just regular x-mas lights?

Archived