Brewer Fanatic

Hideki Matsui

Just thinking that this would be the ideal left fielder for us. The Yankees and Giants are talking trade.

Hennessey or Correia for Matsui?

Just relaying what I read on MLBrumors.com. The Brewers have a glut of pitching and could possible handle his contract.

Weeks 2B

Hardy SS

Fielder 1B

Braun 3B

Matsui LF

Hart RF

Hall CF

Kendall C

Me likey.

Matsui is in the middle of the pack when it comes to defense. Just did a little research on it.

He had 6 assists in about 115 games. So about 9 or 10 in 162 games. Not bad.

His ZR and RF are in the middle of the pack and he played in a huge left field. I suspect that Miller Park would improve those numbers.

Matsui had the 4th best RZR (.886) in both leagues last year for a left fielder. His OOZ is pretty low, but he seems to be a pretty decent fielder.

I would be all for trading to get him, but I have no idea how much interest the Yanks have in Capuano, Vargas, or some of our extra bullpen guys. My guess is not too much.

Matsui is a left-handed bat the Brewers sorely need. I have had him on my FBB team the last couple of years and he typically starts out slow, but ends up hitting over .300 almost every year with decent power numbers. I don't know if he really wants to leave New York, though. Wasn't he the Japanese player who said he didn't want to play for any other team than the Yankees when he first came over?

Not that i think there is any chance we get Matsui, but i'd love to have him and i think Melvin would also. Hideki pretty much fits to a tee the professional hitter that Melvin said he wanted to add. The only downside besides what we'd have to give up for him would be that means another season of Braun at third and horrible infield defense overall.

matsui would be a great addition, if he's willing to come, and if he wouldn't cost too dearly. I'd start with Villanueva as a component of the offer.

I'd also change the batting order that the OP provided. Hardy would be moved down the order considerably ( somewhere 6th to 8th).

Dont see Matsui coming here and he would be a short term guy. Team has younger options to put in the OF that can be here for a longer time. I would pass on him as the cost in trade would not be that cheap. Giants are talking Lincecum that would mean around the talent of Yo.

Archived