Brewer Fanatic

Jim Rome Radio Show on 12/7

Menotti80

I think this thread will be locked because it is Packer-related...

But a heads up to all who don't frequently go to lambeauleap.net. None other than Brett freaking Favre will appear in the Jungle tomorrow. I didn't think in a million years I would hear Favre on Jim Rome's show, and I dont think I've ever heard him do a national radio appearance. I am really excited to hear the interview and the Packer Backer Clones reaction tomorrow...

wow. thanks for that

"I mean seriously, who does Brett Favre think he is? He's no longer an impact quarterback. He's not preferable to most quarterbacks in the league. Why would I give him a year to run my team instead of say, David Carr, who has the potential to play five? What does Brett Favre have to offer at this point in his life? Nothing. So he needs to sit down, shut up, and go back to his place as the over-the-hill, needing-to-retire quarterback of the Green Bay Packers who is seriously jeopardizing his once unblemished legacy."

(insert foot in mouth)

Rome is going through all the email responses to the interview. Rome is awesome at interviews. He basically said that of the thousands of interviews he's done over his career, this one was his favorite. Maybe a little over-dramatic, but that's his style.

I'll try a quick recap from memory:

Rome asked Favre about his expectations coming into this year, and Favre said that he did not expect the team to do this well.

Rome said that two years ago when Favre declared that this was the most talented team he had ever been around and everybody thought he was crazy, well a year later it turns out that Favre was right.

Rome asked about the Koren Robinson situtation, and Favre said that he thinks the NFL should not have forced Koren to keep away from his teammates. Favre thinks the NFL should let suspended players remain with the team to have that support network to help them overcome their addictions.

Talked a little bit about the Sportsman of the Year award and how in the article is stated that retirement is a banned subject around the Favre household. Rome asked Favre how he would know when it was time to walk away from the game, and Favre said he did not know. Favre said that he hopes he doesn't have to walk away because of injury and he hopes that the Packers don't say we don't want you anymore because that type of thing happens all the time in the NFL. He said he would love to go out a Super Bowl winner, but he doesn't need that and he's not going to hang around waiting for it.

Edit: Favre said he plans on playing this Sunday vs. the Raiders. He's not 100%, but he's been practicing and he can throw pretty well.

Archived