Brewer Fanatic

strange names in sports

MadisonBrewerBlue

Pardon me but I don't find anything strange with the name fuk-u-do-me http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

For me, I grew up watching English football and still do. Over the years there have been some rather "strange name" players. Names like David Seamen, Nicky Butt, Bruce Grobbelaar, Paul Dickov, Terry Butcher, Dean Windass, David Shittu and Pull Dickoff do make me chuckle once in while.

How Dick Trickle's name hasnt been brought up i have no idea. Side note to that, Tom Cruise's Character in "Days of Thunder" Cole Trickle, was name for Dick after he won Rookie of the Year the year before.

Duany Duany, DaCody Fagg(just a horrible name), Marion Butts(Tee Hee). Every year someone does a list of the all name team of incoming freshman for college football. I am amazed at the names some of these kids get, its like they're parents like two names but dont want to use only one so they combine two. The spellings of peoples names are great too.

Cleveland Browns WR in the early 70's Fair *@%*$@. ( rhymes w/ booker)

Braves prospect Wonderful Terrific Monds III

Redsox prospect Boo Moore

And a Brazilian footballer Argelico (last name not permitted but it starts with an f)

Edit- I guess that's not allowed eitherhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

Sorry, it's Calvin Coolidge Julius Caeser Tuskahoma McLish.

Oh, now that rings a bell! I faintly remember Uecker joking about his name at times when McLish was the pitching coach.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This guy didn't play sports, but he made the news because of Mike Tyson:

Sept. 2, 1998 - Richard Hardick filed an assault charge against Tyson. Hardick says he was kicked in the groin by Tyson after his car rear-ended a Mercedes driven by Tyson's wife, Monica, on Aug. 31.

"Dick" Hardick was kicked in the groin by Tyson in a road rage incident. That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard...

Archived