Brewer Fanatic

How do we not have a Wisconsin-Marquette thread?

bjkrautk

i was so happy to go...best game i have ever been to...

My Dad is a pastor at the Moravian church in Lake Mills, and there is about a 30 year old man that has season tickets to Badger Basketball. Long story short, his dad died years ago, and so he always has an extra ticket, he is mentally ******** and can't drive. His mom doesn't like basketball so he needs someone else to go with him, she will go sometimes, but she prefers not to. Anyway, he remembers everything, against Florida A&M he was telling me that they had to hold them to 32 points or something because that would be the record in the Kohl Center, and he told me when it was set, it was Northwestern, and what the Score was, it was amazing. He has his tickets in the handicapped part of 124 and so we are to the left of the Badger bench, which was the section right by where Hughs and James were going to fight. Anyway, it makes us feel good, because if we don't go, he doesn't have anyone to go with him, and in return we take him to quite a few Brewers games, because otherwise he can't get there either, it makes a win for everyone, except in this case the badgers...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good game, I wanted UW to win, but the game went as I expected. I figured that the guards would keep MU ahead with their pressure and ability to create offensively. Wow I sound like the announcers.

I think the reason Butch disappeared in crunch time is I think he was on the bench the last 5 minutes of the game. Bo must have felt a smaller lineup was what he wanted.

I think the reason Butch disappeared in crunch time is I think he was on the bench the last 5 minutes of the game. Bo must have felt a smaller lineup was what he wanted.

I'm not a fan of Butch, it seemed to me that the Badgers played better when Luar(sp?) was in, and when Krabbenhoft was on the floor...

I don't mind Butch, but its obvious he is only a role player. Not the "man" of a team, he needs someone else to shoulder the load and step-up when needed. I think Leuer will develop into that player and Hughes could be that player with some experience and maturity.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think Hughes got caught up in the smack talk with James. It's really odd to see a Wisconsin player take forced shots like that. Not taking anything away from Marquette (they played well) but doesn't it seem like UW is the less aggressive team lately?

And Bohannon needs to shoot more.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Wow...Now I know why Brian Butch has so many offensive rebounds; he gets them all on his own missed shots. For a guy with a lot of hype he certainly disappears when the game gets into crunch time.

Yeah -- I am not a big Butch fan, I have referred to him as "7 feet of suck", which is pretty harsh, but in my defense he could work on pissing me off a lot less. I hate that he is called the "polar bear", and that he "hulks up" each time he puts back a shot.

MU showed their toughness down the stretch and won at one of the toughest places to play in the nation...no small feat.

Yeah -- Definitely a "good win" for Marquette and one that goes on their post-season resume. That guard is super quick (James).

With Bo at the helm UW is going to win more than they lose.

By a long shot. They certainly have their work cut out for them, but they are going to make the tourney again.

I'm a huge MU fan so this was a huge win.

Wow -- Although, the Spice Girls sold quite a few albums so I suppose everyone has their fans.

They probably make a pill for this Blazer.

I think Hughes got caught up in the smack talk with James. It's really odd to see a Wisconsin player take forced shots like that. Not taking anything away from Marquette (they played well) but doesn't it seem like UW is the less aggressive team lately?

And Bohannon needs to shoot more.

Hughes forces quite a few shots, or at least has been in the games I've been able to watch.

Nov. 11 -- 9 FG / 17 FGA

Nov. 15 -- 6 / 8

Nov. 16 -- 5 / 10

Nov. 17 -- 5 / 10

Nov. 24 -- 6 / 19 (v. Georgia)

Nov. 27 -- 4 / 13 (@ Duke)

Dec. 3 -- 2 / 5 (v. Wofford)

Dec. 8 -- 4 / 15 (v. Marquette)

This was something that I really started to notice during the Duke game; he took a lot of those shots outside of the Badger offense.

I was hoping the Badgers would wear them down with their depth and frontline. This did not happen.

Things I observed from the game.

1. Krabbenhoeft may have played his worse game of the his career so far for the Badgers. He seemed a bit of in every thing.

2. Mike Flowers needs to be on the floor for his D.

3, Jon Lauer is going to be a solid player that the Badgers are very lucky to get.

4. So glad that Tanner Bronson is not getting any minutes until the game is out of hand.

I don't mind Butch, but its obvious he is only a role player. Not the "man" of a team

I don't understand this statement at all. Maybe Butch isn't an Alando Tucker type guy who will carry the team each and every day, but the dude was THE man on Saturday night. He carried the Badgers despite the fact that Trevon Hughes came down with a bad case of Mo Williamsitis. And as for him disappearing in clutch time, that's all on Bo Ryan for benching him in the last 5 plus minutes. I'll never understand that one.

Yes, a solid career as role player... as an All-American can't miss out of high school. He's unathletic, soft, and while he's gotten better, I still wouldn't qualify him as a finisher around the basket. I'm not saying the Badgers missed on him, I'm just saying he's very average for how highly touted he was coming out of high school. I think it's pretty obvious why so many people hate on Butch, including the national media.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

You mean when Doug Gottlieb called him the most overrated player in the Big Ten when he was a freaking freshman? When does the national media rip college players except for that one time?

I guess ~10 pts/game and 6 boards a game for the last three years of his career isn't good enough for some people. He's no superstar, but some people act like he's Grant Johnson or something. It gets old.

He's a solid player....and he wasn't even close to the main option playing on the same teams as Alando Tucker. Take Tucker off of the Badgers during Butch's career and he probably would have finished his career with a 15 ppg average, who cares? He still has moments where he dominates too.

Butch is one of those players that you don't notice until he's gone--such as the NCAA tournament last year.

Exactly. The Badgers went from being one of the best teams in the country and peaking at just the right time to suddenly becoming vulnerable to the likes of Texas A&M-CC.

Archived