Brewer Fanatic

Brewers talking to Aaron Boone

I don't like Joe Crede but if he is the best option available then so be it. What I dont understand is how people can justify trading for Crede when he has major injury issues but cant justify trading for Rolen? Both sucked last year and both have injury issues but Crede has never come close to the production of Rolen. Rolen gets paid a lot more but the Brewers are past that stage where $13M a year is prohibitive

I don't like Joe Crede but if he is the best option available then so be it. What I dont understand is how people can justify trading for Crede when he has major injury issues but cant justify trading for Rolen? Both sucked last year and both have injury issues but Crede has never come close to the production of Rolen. Rolen gets paid a lot more but the Brewers are past that stage where $13M a year is prohibitive

Money does matter in terms of injuries - the Brewers aren't a big market team and Crede is a free agent after 2008. Rolen's deal has 3 years left on it.

It also could take a lot less to get Crede than what we're hearing it'll take to get Rolen. Those are two pretty big factors.

While the use of "sucks" is practically encouraged around here, "sucks sack" crosses the Brewerfan language barrier.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

DM is purposely being linked to every possible third bagger out there, to gain leverage in a trade for a stud OF. So he can say, "nah, we'll just go with the other deal we have here, we'd rather move Braun to the OF anyways." *wink, wink*

Rumor has it Kevin Seitzer is next on the radar.

That Aaron Boone is a yellow-bellied sapsucker.

Anyway, I see Aaron Boone 2008 = Tony Graffanino 2007. An aging, fringe infielder with some pop left off the bench. I wouldn't complain if we got him, but surely not at the expense of pursuing a real #3 hitter for 3B/LF.

Oh, and since the Rolen deal's DOA, does that mean Brettac changes his avatar? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Who would have thunk that one year into the Braun era, we'd be looking at 3b like Aaron Boone or Pedro Feliz? Next, an NRI to Antone Williamson....

Good point. I'm not in love with the Iguchi signing, but if that's what it takes to keep DM's eyes away from Boone, then I'm all for it!

Who would have thunk that one year into the Braun era, we'd be looking at 3b like Aaron Boone or Pedro Feliz? Next, an NRI to Antone Williamson....

surely not at the expense of pursuing a real #3 hitter for 3B/LF

I'm pondering that statement about the real #3 hitter...Braun seems like he is exactly that. Unless an alien appears with a magic vail containing George Brett in his prime, who would be a better fit as a #3 hitter?

Honestly I'd focus on getting the best player possible at this point, defense and offense considered, rather than worry about filling a lineup slot. That to me is the kind of thing the White Sox or Astros do, much to their detriment. See, for example, the fixation on 'top of the order skills' that will lead to the Astros sending out Bourn and Matsui.

I like Boone as a bench guy (same for Iguchi), but as a starter? I hope that's not the plan.

Oh, and since the Rolen deal's DOA, does that mean Brettac changes his avatar?

No way, man. It's not dead yet. Tom Haudricourt says so. In case it doesn't happen, though, I comissioned 20fry to make me an Andruw Jones one. I'm all about acquiring high-priced veterans this offseason, it seems.

Crede sucks sack, imagine where that puts Boone on my crap list?

I would be shocked if TurboRickey had anything but a crap list.

We have Crede, Hall, Mench and Boone on there for sure.

Hall is not on my crap list, not by any means.

Iguchi is though.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived