Brewer Fanatic

Free Burritos at Chipotle

wickedheat

No kidding? I love that place and it's only a few minutes from my house!
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I love that place too. If you go to the one on Old Sauk be sure to say hi to Sylvester. I used to hit the one on State St. and would always hear Tom Waits songs being done by different people. I asked what the deal was with that and the manager mumbled "something corporate". I'd just sit there after eating my burrito listening to tunes and doing crossword puzzles.

Do they advertise this or just surprise you when you order a burrito?

Obviously, there is going to be some word of mouth advertising like we have here.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Sweet, that's only 5 minutes away, and on my way home anyway. Mmmmmm.

Is there any criteria? Last winter didn't they do one for a can of food or something? Just don't want to show up unprepared...

No criteria other than being able to stand in line. The soda was free, too. Mmmmmmm...free lemonade.

My avatar has never been more appropriate than today.

Do they advertise this or just surprise you when you order a burrito?

Obviously, there is going to be some word of mouth advertising like we have here.

My wife told me about it last week after going there, as did some co-workers earlier this week, which means they were probably just doing in-store promotion via word-of-mouth. However, when I got there today there was a big sign outside which read "Burritos 100% Off Today" or something like that.

Ate lunch at the UW/State St. today and it wasn't free..although they've done a bunch of promotions in the past. Chipotle is pretty much a twice a week pilgrimage for me so nothing lost, really.

Must've been just the Old Sauk Road location. I also went there for dinner : ) Can't beat 2 free burritos in 1 day. Well, you can, but it would be tough.

Archived