Brewer Fanatic

Call me mint jelly, cuz I want Mike Lamb

The Red Sox are looking at Lamb as a bench player, but he's out of their price range.

He's not so hot vs. lefties and isn't the greatest 3B defensively, but it's not a buyer's market. Would Lamb accept a 2yr/12M deal? He's OK Prince Fielder insurance, and has a bit of versatility (playing in LF and a little bit of RF). Or perhaps he would be a LF solution and would just swap with Braun if he continues to struggle defensively.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
"he isn't the greatest defensively"

That's putting it mildly Brian. He's better than one or possibly two NL third baseman defensively and thats Braun and perhaps Helms and if Braun improves even marginally, he'll at least get to Lamb's level.

Well, looking at the numbers, Braun would still have to improve quite a bit just to be as bad as Lamb.

A Lamb/Dillon platoon would likely be much better than many of the alternatives, either in LF or 3B.

Lamb would be a great acquisition for no other reason than he and Joe be referred to as the Damb platoon.

lol. That'd be great way for me to let off steam during the season.

Now come on Brian fess up. You don't really want Mike Lamb you were just looking through a list of available free agents and then came up with the title so you could impress us. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived