Brewer Fanatic

Goo Goo Dolls with Admirals- Now Bret Michaels too!

Barbs4339
Recently announced was a full concert by the Goo Goo Dolls to now start before the Admirals game on January 5th. For $16.00 you can see the concert and also the hockey game. The concert was going to be after the game but has been changed to before the game starting at 5:45. I'm not a hockey fan, but you can't go wrong for a $16.00 concert.

Goo Goo Dolls were a great live band when I saw them on the Summerfest Rock Stage many years ago. Back then, they put on a nice rock n roll show, but now I'd be afraid of all the ballads. Don't get me wrong, I still like them and they have some catchy tunes but if we could time warp them back to the "Superstar Car Wash" album days, that would be great!

A lot of people don't realize that the GGD were a very heavy band when they debuted and were signed to Metal Blade records, the same label as Slayer.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Honestly just go to the concert and stick around for the game. I promise you won't be disappointed.
i have gone to a couple of admirals games, and while i don't understand the game as well as i am sure trwi does, i always have a good time. I am for sure going to brewers night at the admirals game. 2 hockey tickets and 2 brewers tickets for 32 bucks, you can't beat that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added March 8th after the Admirals game is Bret Michaels in concert.

Milwaukee, WI - Milwaukee Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that Bret Michaels will be welcomed by Lee Jeans and Miller Lite in a post-game concert on Saturday, March 8th after the team's 7:30 pm game versus the Rockford IceHogs.

Community Moderator

Excluding college basketball, Admirals games are the most fun you can have at the Bradley Center. My girlfriend hates baseball, but she loves hockey, can't go wrong with that.

I'd go except I'm leaving for France the day before.

Those of you not sure if you want to stay for the hockey game or not, I would definitely recommend it. Sure, you probably won't know who the players are or anything like that unless you follow the team closely, but it really is a good time and usually the games are pretty exciting most of the way through. Not only that, the people who work for the team do a good job, IMO, of making it an entertaining time even for those not all that into hockey...

what is brett gonna do, sing poison songs with out the other band members?

lame.

He's got a backup band I think. It's not just him doing an acoustic set. I noticed that he's playing at Kelly's Bleacher's II in Wind Lake on the 28th of this month. I think I might go check it out. I've seen Poison several times but I've never seen Bret solo. He seems like a really cool guy IMO.

You can't go wrong with Admirals games. I love minor league hockey.

Living in Madison, I've got the Badgers, but I miss the days of the Monsters playing at the Coliseum. You could get into teh game for next to nothing, sit wherever you wanted and be entertained for three hours.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

live hockey is great, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't even know or understand all the rules. I go to 3 or 4 Green Bay Gamblers games a season, and am always highly entertained. There is almost always a fight, a good fight, and once they had to come out and scrape up blood off the ice...

when I was in college, my roomate and his dad had badger season tickets, so I used to get to go to 2 or 3 badger games a year too, now THAT was great hockey, mid to late 80's...

hockey on TV bores the bejesus out of me though...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"but I miss the days of the Monsters playing at the Coliseum."

I was the Madison Monster mascot for one home game when I was in college. I received a six pack of Natty Light as payment.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived