Brewer Fanatic

Gord Ash on XM ... Latest: Hall/Sheets to LAD per Stone?

KC Jim
How about Sheets, Hall, Gamel, and Turnbow

For Kemp, Broxton, and LaRoche

Sheets for Kemp...possibly

Broxton for Hall and Gamel...ok

Turnbow for LaRoche....sure

I think this works pretty well. We won't need Gamel with LaRoche anyway.

I think you may be ok with Sheet for Kemp, but after that....no way. Broxton is worth more than Hall/Gamel and Turnbow for LaRoche isn't even close (IMO).

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2. When asked about replacing CoC0 - He first mentioned Turnbow in house but was very wish washy about it, mentioned Yost was "very good" at utilizing whomever and that it didn't have to be one guy. Gord ended that by saying,"It is not our main priority right now."

Translation: We badly need a closer, but nobody has to know we think that.

But if we all know that's what they're thinking, I'm pretty sure the rest of the GM's know that as well....

This is from yahoo:

The Rangers plan to approach the Dodgers regarding Blalock, who will make an affordable $5.95 million in 2008 with a club option in 2009 for $6.2 million. The Dodgers want to add a big bat at third base because they aren't convinced Nomar Garciaparra will return even to his 2006 form or that prospect Andy LaRoche can shake back pain and become a productive everyday player. However, they aren't convinced Blalock is the answer.

Nomar hit .324 last September, although it was only 34 at bats. he had only 36 atbats in August. IN April through July he was averaging 80 atbats. he played 68 games at first and 43 at third las t year.

Nomar was horrible against lefties last year batting only .203. while batting .303 against righties. Nomar has a career of .312 against lefties and batted .341 agains t them in 2006. So I'm not sure if it was because of the small sample size or an aberition or he totally lost it.

Nomar had a great year (my opinion) in 2006.

I'm not sure what his salary last year was or would be for 2008. With loney at first an laroche at third, he doesn't really have a role for the Dodgers. I can't see nomar as a defensive replacement.

MoneyballMan, please refrain from making three separate posts in a row. If you could, respond to all the comments you want to within one post. It keeps the message board less cluttered. Thanks.

My apologies, but as I read through the post, it got better (and then I couldn't help but applaud the humor). And normally I'm not fast enough to get three in a row! Especially during the winter meetings!!

I wonder if they would be amenable to....

Sheets

for

Kemp

Saito

Meloan

It allows Ryan Braun one more year to prove himself at the hot corner, while solving our corner outfield concern, and also, as mentioned earlier, gets us a young late innings K-thrower. Saito was probably the only NL closer last year to be better than Coco. I'm a big Ben fan, but with only one year left on the contract, and the amount of money we would save with this deal (which could easily be used in wooing those 5 top 75 picks), it would set us up very well for this year and the forseeable future.

I would be cool with Sheets for LaRoche and Kemp or Sheets for LaRoche & Broxton, or Kemo & Broxton. If they need more, then find a way to get them more. I think it would improve the team in the short run and the long run. I would probably prefer LaRoche and Broxton but Kemp is awful appealling as well

How about Sheets for Broxton and Ethier? Kemp might be too much to expect in return. I like Ethier as a decent lefty bat. Not familiar with his play in RF though. Anybody have info. on his defense. I would also add in Hall and one of our top prospects for Kershaw (although he may be untouchable).

If the Dodgers are still interested in having Hall for their 3B, I wouldn't mind having Kemp + Hong-Chih Kuo in return.

Honestly, I think Hall for Kemp straight-up would be a steal for us.

same here.

this is where I believe that the average fan in Milwaukee really over-values Bill Hall.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Can Kemp play CF though? What good would it do for us to trade Hall for Kemp so that we end up having 3 corner outfielders, and no CFs.

I can already see this problem approaching with LaPorta not having a place if Braun is moved to LF. Unless people here actually think that Hart could play a solid CF (I'm not convinced on that one).

Archived