Brewer Fanatic

Why has boxing died?

jaybird2001wi
but boxing will only have renewed excitement when the top guys fight the top guys. the klitchkos will never fight each other and mayweather won't fight pacquiao. what is left? who are other names that aren't past their primes, to get casual fans involved again? In MMA Silva and GSP will fight eventually, and Fedor v Lesnar would have been a draw, but a terrible fight. Lesnar is a hype machine and will sell PPVs, but he is not a top heavyweight skill wise. And as far as the top guys in MMA losing more often, that's because the top guys in boxing never fight anyone that threatens them. The top guys in MMA fight the number one contender. Look at Mayweather. The only guy that threatens him is Pac and he won't fight him. When is the last time a top guy in any weight class has fought a true threat in boxing? Plus, how can you even be considered a champ when you only fight every 1 and half to 2 and a half years.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a Lesnar fan, but he destroys Fedor at this point, or 2 years ago. He simply has too much power. Fedor stopped being Fedor some time ago in Japan. Internet fanboys kept Fedor's mystique going long after he was done. I don't think GSP-Silva happens. I'd rather see Silva-Jones, I think it's a better matchup physically. I also think Silva would defeat him rather easily. GSP is just too small.

GSP and Silva will never happen. Or way too late, like Wand vs Liddell did. Silva vs Jones will never happen, either. Dana White doesn't want to risk one of his champions against another. It makes no business sense. I think he is awful for the sport of MMA, but I give him credit for realizing that having Silva get killed by Jones or GSP getting killed by Anderson doesn't help anyone. GSP doesn't want to move up in weight, anyhow. I also giving him credit for forwarding this idea that "I make the big fights happen", even though it's not really true. Thanks for Randy Couture vs James Toney, though.

As far as I am concerned, the next "super fight" in MMA (that could actually happen, unlike the others) is Jones vs Velasquez when Jones gets sick of cutting to 205 and moves up.

Archived