Brewer Fanatic

Cubs about to get better...Teahan to Cubs, Murton to KC

The moves haven't been that great. Unless by "great" you mean "have happened already." Impatience dictates success to some, and while there certainly is something to be said for striking while the iron is hot, making lateral moves like the Cubs have thus far doesn't get me excited.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Right especially since JJones was one of the reasons the Cubs went on their streak to catch the Brewers... he got hot in the last 2 months. Kendall also had a decent 2nd half for the Cubs as well... they lost both of them.

They are moving Dumpster to the Rotation...hmmmm teams now have an extra 5 innings to hit this guy..AWESOME

They still have not solved their weak hitting and average fielding SS spot with theriot, Cedeno, and Fontenot....

they are putting all of their chips into 1 decent season of Giovanni Soto(he never hit that well with power in the other years of Minor leagues)..but he did last year.. was it a fluke?

Yep you are right the Cubs have gotten ALOT better

I wonder if this is one of the "left-handed batters" that Melvin mentioned the Brewers were interested in getting at the end of last week. It definitely fit the bill that he described at the end-of-season press conference he held.

I am going to be disappointed if we get to Thursday, and we are still the same as we were on Monday morning.

I was surprised when I saw how mediocre Teahen's numbers were, especially as a subpar defensive OF. Murton and Hart were identical until Corey broke out, albeit, Matt's a couple years older.

See this would be fine if he could play good Defense and had bit more pop especially for the Cubs....

If this was a trade we made then he would fit in pretty good...Decent OBP...can play 3rd, is a lefty and we do not need big numbers from him just need him to get on base.

If he is playing in the OF for the Cubs this makes me smile a lot more. I think Murton was poised to have a break out season if they just actually commited to playing him. Plus would they now go after Fukudome....I doubt they would trade for Tehan to make him a 4th OFer....but Fukudome I guess can play Center Field to.

this makes me sick, why do the cubs always get rid of their garbage and get great players back? Someone always helps them it seems, first Bobby Hill, and then Neifi Perez, and now that Murton doesn't get along with Pinella, they get Teahen? How, if Teahen is that available, Melvin needs to call up Moore, and get Teahen.

If the Royals are planning on platooning Murton and Brown in LF to go along with Guillen in RF, those are some decent corners. I would hope they'd be getting another player to go along with that deal, though.

Jones?

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071204&content_id=2317498&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

Teahen is a quite nice player, though not a star. IIRC, he got quite a few assists in the OF.

Murton is a good player. Fine if you are filling a hole. Not exactly someone to build a team around.

wouldn't mind either on the brewers.

Archived