Brewer Fanatic

Tad Iguchi to Baltimore? (If the Cubs get Brian Roberts)

My counter how did Lilly, Marquis, & Hill do in the post season?
Why does that matter? Marquis didn't even pitch in the postseason and Hill and Lilly both posted sub 4 ERA's in the regular season.

It matters if you want to get past the first round. The goal shouldn't be to just make the playoffs for a big bank roll team.

It would be like us trading CV and Vargas (kind of). CV=Hill; Vargas=Marshall?? Seems like a bit much for Roberts, but maybe I'm undervaluing Roberts.
Marshall is better than Vargas.

Edit: It'd be like us trading 2005, 2006 Cappy and CV for Roberts.

Roberts is pretty darn good.

Hill is good, but if you have a solid 5 guy rotation without him, why not? He's not someone you want as your 1 or 2 starter.

Derosa can play anywhere.

If Roberts presence helps to convince Soriano to move down in the order, that's almost worth it right there.

Hill is good, but if you have a solid 5 guy rotation without him, why not? He's not someone you want as your 1 or 2 starter.

If Roberts presence helps to convince Soriano to move down in the order, that's almost worth it right there.

Who is the five guy rotation without Hill, especially if Marshall is gone too? That only leaves Zambrano, Lilly and Marquis. I read Dempster might move back to the rotation but really that rotation looks weak to me. They would have to trade for pitching or get Silva or Lohse who are not that great.

Who is the five guy rotation without Hill, especially if Marshall is gone too? That only leaves Zambrano, Lilly and Marquis. I read Dempster might move back to the rotation but really that rotation looks weak to me. They would have to trade for pitching or get Silva or Lohse who are not that great.

Well, there's always Mark Prior *rimshot*

Rich Hill is out of a possible Roberts trade, but Sean Marshall, Felix Pie, Donnie Veal and Sean Gallagher are all being discussed

Why the Cubs would want to part with Pie, when they have a gaping hole in CF, is just beyond me. This isn't the first time his name has surfaced this offseason. Pie looks to be a Soriano clone, offensively. I'm not sure on his defense, but I just can't imagine him being anywhere near to how catastrophically bad Soriano is.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived