Brewer Fanatic

Another X-Box 360 thread....

parkside21
I got it for the first time a week or so ago. Had it for a year and a half and thought I got one that didn't have problems, guess I was wrong...quite frankly I wasn't super impressed by the performance of my original Xbox and the 360 was doing fine until this, maybe I should have just went with PS3.

I got The three red lights around Thanksgiving. It took 4 weeks to get it fixed from the first phone call. That was even including holding onto it for almost a week because I didn't drop it off to ship. During Christmas month also.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Honestly, unless you really are looking to play the new games (which cant blame you there) a 360 on a standard definition TV looks a heck of a lot like the first Xbox. Until I had the hdmi hooked up I was kind of upset with the graphics I had. Not a deal breaker, but something to think about.

As far as games, I have Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Bioshock and Assassins Creed. Bioshock is awesome, but definitely a game you could rent and be done with if you dont dig too far into it. Call of Duty and Halo are great on-line games, but the campaign modes on their own are just ok. I have only had Assassins Creed about a day, so no verdict there yet.

Sweet. I guess I will give it another try. I tried a few times with my brother, but we got lag so bad it was unplayable. I know I had lots of fun playing Gears of War coop. Didn't much care for the rest of the multiplayer though. Sort of turned off of Halo 3's multiplayer.

I blame Wang.

I purchased my 360 in early oct. I never bought the extended warranty or registered it. On sunday it started making a horrible grinding noise and now will not read any discs. I just went to the xbox website and registered my device and submitted a repair request. It stated that it was covered under the standard warranty and they are sending me a box. Before this i checked the xbox forums and saw that alot of people had this same problem and they were charged for the repair. I'll keep you all informed on the progress.

I'm pretty disappointed so far with the durability of the machine. This is my first gaming station that i bought brand new since being married. So i have not played it nearly as much as my original nintendo, ps, and ps2. I'm not trying to rip on the 360, because i absolutely love it as a gaming system. I'm just very disappointed with the durability.

Russ is absolutey right. Halo 3's coop = total addiction.

I enjoy halo 3's matchmaking, a good group of people on your friends list will make it enjoyable. I also have started playing Assassin's Creed, I really like this as it is a good change of pace compared to halo.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my 360 in on the 9th, and got one back today already, the 18th. Somewhat impressive based on what I've heard from others.

But I'm confused. The letter said they sent me a replacement 360, but the serial number on this one is the same as my old one as far as I know unless they change that on the Xbox support page once they picked a new one for me. However, if it is the same one I noticed the MFR date on the Xbox I got back today says July 20th, 2006. I got mine in May 2006.

I suppose it doesn't matter as long as when I hook it up it works, but talking about confusing me.

I still have my almost launch 360 and have never had any problem either. At this point, it's pretty clear that the failure rate is significantly higher than what MS expected (IIRC, less than 5% is industry standard for electronic equipment) but I still don't think it's nearly as high as some suggest.I've heard numbers north of 50%. I just can't believe that.

As for Halo 3, I was referring to the campaign coop. I played many hours of matchmaking and it was fun but became fairly repetitive for me. I like FPS's that require a higher degree of teamwork and strategy, like Counterstrike or Return to Castle Wolfenstein (no, I'm not talking about raw skill).

I know someone already mentioned it, but I want to confirm just because I was gonna buy both. Does the xbox 360 upconvert dvds? And if so, does it work well? I have about 600 dvds and just got a 1080i LCD. I was gonna buy an upconvert dvd player and xbox 360, but if the xbox does it by itself I can kill two birds with one stone. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I just got Mass Effect last weekend. I love the game. Kind of like they took KOTOR and made the fighting into a 3rd person shooter.

I will have to try Halo 3 coop. Hopefully it is fun. I am almost at the point of not renwing my gold membership since I never play online.

I blame Wang.

Archived