Brewer Fanatic

Bands you own multiple CD's of

Weirdos19

Wow, I didn't know people still bought cds. I used to all the time but then I started buying more dvds than cds and now I maybe buy 2-3 cds a year. But here's my more than 4 (off the top of my head):

Brad Paisley

Tim McGraw

George Strait

Garth Brooks

Toby Keith

Kenny Chesney

KISS

Ozzy Osbourne

Reel Big Fish

Metallica

Aerosmith

Weird Al

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have a ton of bands that I own 3 cds of...

A lot of the 80's hair metal bands that I like only put out 1-3 cds, so can't have four of some of my favorite all time bands...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

yeah, there are tons of bands i'll own 4 cds by as soon as they release one or two more...

and as for cd's...i enjoy having the object that i paid for...and i don't steal music...so outside of the occasional itunes purchase and emusic subscription, i still get everything the old fashioned way (ironic to call cd's old fashioned, no?)

actual CD 4+

Anthrax

Black Sabbath

Bob Dylan

Bruce Springsteen

Cheap Trick

The Cult

The Donnas

Down by Law

Enuff Znuff

Exodus

Fountains of Wayne

George Strait

Grip Inc

Guns N Roses

Hanoi Rocks

Husker Du

Johnny Cash

Kenny Chesney

Kix

Material Issue

Me 1st & the Gimme Gimmes

Meat Puppets

Metallica

Murphy's Law

Pantera

The Replacements

Sammy Kershaw

Slayer

The Smithereens

Suicidal Tendencies

The Vandals

Willie Nelson

88 Fingers Louie

DramaRama - 4

Wow, I had to do a double take there. Very nice turborickey.

And after seeing Al's comment about the retirement fund I thought about how much time and money I've spent buying cd's to replace all the vinyl.

Oh well, definitely not a waste.

DramaRama - 4

Wow, I had to do a double take there. Very nice turborickey.

And after seeing Al's comment about the retirement fund I thought about how much time and money I've spent buying cd's to replace all the vinyl.

Oh well, definitely not a waste.

dramarama = under-rated band. Lots of good stuff...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

pogokat wrote:

and as for cd's...i enjoy having the object that i paid for...and i don't steal music...so outside of the occasional itunes purchase and emusic subscription, i still get everything the old fashioned way (ironic to call cd's old fashioned, no?)

I'm a partial thief. I download lots of songs to try out bands/solo acts i never heard before, which then has lead me to buying cd's of some of those artists. If a bigger band though has only a song or two i like, but nothing else, then i'm sure they wouldn't be pleased with my use of file sharing. Also, making mix cd's are my favorite to listen to, i must have 50 at least.

My 4 CD

Tool

Alice in Chains

Smashing Pumpkins

Primus

Rage Against the Machine

Bauhaus

David Bowie

Black Flag

Misfits

GBH

Clash

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Beck

Beastie Boys

2pac

Too Short

Black Sabbath

The Doors

Hendrix

Pink Floyd

Elton John

Marylin Manson

White Stripes

Alice in Chains

Anthrax

Cake

Deftones

Gravity Kills

Korn

Megadeath

Metallica

Ministry

Nine Inch Nails

Nirvana

Pantera

Rage Against the Machine

R.E.M.

Red Hot Chile Peppers

Smashing Pumpkins

Static-X

Stone Temple Pilots

They Might Be Giants

System of a Down

Tool

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

As others have said, it is amazing how many I have 3 of. A number of the names on my list are partially due to Christmas CDs (I have over 80).

Jim Brickman
Dillards
Eagles
Amy Grant
Green Day
Josh Groban
Don Henley
Manheim Steamroller
Bob Rivers Comedy Corps
Michael W Smith
Weird Al

Ones that my wife has:
Barenaked Ladies
Garth Brooks
Kelly Clarkson
Jewel
Semisonic

Loved the hair metal list...had lots of those cassettes growing up, never bought the CDs to replace them though..my list isn't too long either, thought it would be bigger than it is.
Metallica
Green Day
Bon Jovi
Grateful Dead
Phish
Oasis
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Guns & Roses
Poison
Blink 182
Linkin Park
DMB
Widespread Panic

4 or more albums (in alpha order) by:

Barenaked Ladies

Blondie

Bowie

Mary Chapin Carpenter

Chemical Brothers

Coldplay

Crowded House

Depeche Mode

Elbow

Faithless

Foo Fighters

David Gray

Bill Hicks

INXS

Jean Michel Jarre

Kraftwerk

Massive Attack

Muse

OMD

Pink Floyd

Pixies

The Police

Porcupine Tree

Elvis Presley

Prince

REM

Radiohead

Runrig

Siouxsie & The Banshees

The Smiths

Squeeze

Talking Heads

Texas

Travis

U.N.K.L.E.

U2

UB40

Underworld

White Stripes

Stevie Wonder

XTC

Oh, my wife has a gajillion Billy Joel and Elton albums, but she can come on here and post herself - if she is as sad as me that is...

With Dice, I know what I'm getting myself into and I enjoy it. The Dixie Chicks did something that I strongly disagree with, so I regret ever buying their CD's and seeing them in concert. Yes, it's their right to say and do whatever they want, but it is also my right to react to their actions whichever legal way I choose, such as never buying another thing from them ever again. Apparently, many people agreed with me as well as many of their concerts on their latest tour got cancelled due to low ticket sales (including here in Milwaukee).

By the way, what did Billy Ray Cyrus ever do to make you include him on your post, except have that ridiculous looking mullet?

With Dice, I know what I'm getting myself into and I enjoy it. The Dixie Chicks did something that I strongly disagree with, so I regret ever buying their CD's and seeing them in concert. Yes, it's their right to say and do whatever they want, but it is also my right to react to their actions whichever legal way I choose, such as never buying another thing from them ever again. Apparently, many people agreed with me as well as many of their concerts on their latest tour got cancelled due to low ticket sales (including here in Milwaukee).

By the way, what did Billy Ray Cyrus ever do to make you include him on your post, except have that ridiculous looking mullet?

Surely you jest. "Achy Breaky Heart" contravenes at least 6 articles of the Geneva Convention alone!

Four or more....

Angel Dust

Angra

Ayreon

Black Sabbath

Blind Guardian

Bruce Dickinson

Dream Theater

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

Enchant

Fates Warning

Firehouse

Galactic Cowboys

Goo Goo Dolls

Helloween

Iced Earth

Iron Maiden

Kansas

King Diamond

King's X

Led Zeppelin

Marillion

Megadeth

Opeth

Ozzy Osbourne

Pain of Salvation

Alan Parsons Project

Queensryche

The Roots

Royal Hunt

Rush

Savatage

Shadow Gallery

Skid Row

Skyclad

Slaughter

Sonata Arctica

Spock's Beard

Styx

Symphony X

Tesla

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Van Halen

Virgin Steele

The Who

Yes

Valpo - Opeth, Marillion, Dream Theater and Spock's Beard, yet no Porcupine Tree? I'd have thought they'd be right in your ballpark.

The Beatles

Beck

Johnny Cash

The Clash

Bob Dylan

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

R.E.M.

Bruce Springsteen

Talking Heads

U2

Neil Young

Dylan and Young are easily my two biggest sets, with over two dozen of each.

Robert

Four or more of:

Frank Sinatra

Dean Martin

Bobby Darin

Nat King Cole

Beatles

Stevie Ray Vaughan

John Lee Hooker

Brain Setzer

Johnny Cash

Eric Clapton

Bob Dylan

Warren Zevon

Beach Boys

The Faces

Van Morrison

Tom Petty

Jimmy Buffett

Neville Brothers

Billie Holiday

Louis Armstrong

Los Lobos

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Preservation Hall Jazz Band

Duke Ellington

U2

Dinah Washington

Fats Waller

Ray Charles

Sammy Davis Jr.

Tony Bennett

It's sobering to think about this question. There's too many to list, but I wondered if I had an artist in this category for every letter of the alphabet. Almost...

ABCDE were all easy. (I think eight or nine Cs alone.)

F...just missed; the Flatlanders, Lefty Frizzell, Rosie Flores, and Robbie Fulks with three. (Must. Shop.)

GH not too hard.

I doesn't seem to make it; Jack Ingram, the Indigo Girls, Chris Isaak, and the Iguanas with three each. I think I have another Indigo Girls and another Chris Isaak but where?

JKLM weren't too bad. I couldn't think of a K at first but there's Robert Earl Keen, Pete Krebs.

N I wasn't sure about until I remembered the Neville Brothers.

OP not too bad.

Q...falls short, but I have three by Quasi. (?!)

RSTUVW all pretty easy...thought V would be hard but there's Van Zandt and Vaughan.

X I barely make if you count X's two CD-set as two.

Y is easy with Neil Young, Dwight Yoakam.

Z would be hard but for Dan Zanes. Someone has Martin Zellar here but I didn't even know he had 4...I have only two I think.

As for Al's comment about retirement, yeah, well, I'll have lots of music to listen to between now and then. I'm actually glad to contribute to the finances of a guy like Alejandro Escovedo who has neither health insurance nor a pension. A good many of these CDs I got for free or cheap, but I do spend many dollars a year on music, and I'm not the least bit remorseful about it.

But maybe someone should start a thread about stocks that people have more than 50 shares of...

I'm actually glad to contribute to the finances of a guy like Alejandro Escovedo who has neither health insurance nor a pension.

Word, man. When he got hepatitis, I actually replaced two CD's that I had burned for me.

He's really excellent. An older guy I know, who's opinion I respect a lot on music, gave me a dubbed tape of the live "More Miles Than Money" album years ago, and I became an instant fan.

Someone has Martin Zellar here but I didn't even know he had 4...I have only two I think.

I have 6 or 7. What's a double cd worth? Not sure which ones you have but this one is awesome. A double with lots of unreleased stuff and different, scaled down versions of his songs.

Including "It's A Heartache" which is perfect for him. That was my moms favorite song when she died so it has a special place in my heart I guess. But I recommend this one. http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/uecker9/mzhooves.jpg

Archived