Brewer Fanatic

Herges re-signs with Rockies

PeaveyFury

Matt Herges has re-signed with the Rockies tonight, per Rotoworld. Not surprising given the rumors of the past couple of days.

Reportedly 1 year, 2.5 million guaranteed in 2008, with an undisclosed team option for 09.

EDIT: Kind of interesting that after the mega-deal signed by Linebrink, the rest of the middle relief-type options that were out there have signed fairly reasonable deals. Just a few days ago, we were talking about Percival getting like 6-7 million and Herges getting 4-5 million, and they both signed for much more sane deals. Obviously, they both have their warts, but it'll be interesting to see what Riske ends up getting.

it'll be interesting to see what Riske ends up getting.

I'm holding out hope that it's a 2-year deal with a club or vesting option, or else I'd be fine with a 3-year deal. As long as the money is under $20 mil. total over 3 years, groovy.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Even though I'm not a huge Riske fan, I think he's worlds ahead of someone like Herges. I'm glad they didn't seriously get it on this one, even if he was "reasonably" priced.

And yeah, Toby, I'm quite positive that Detroit was the other team going after Herges.

I didn't say I don't like him. I tend to like relievers with high K rates, because they're a little more predictable. If you look at Riske's defensive independent stats, they're nothing special. I'm not mad that they're signing him, more so I'm glad that they're not signing Herges. Because if you like Herges, you like bad relievers.

Archived