Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Holiday Wish List

randybreuerfan

I was asked today by my family what I wanted for Christmas. One of my first thoughts was the Brewers having 88 or more wins next year. And so I think it's time for the second annual Holiday Wish List Thread. Last year I made a list of wishes for the Brewers almost completely granted, down to the "veteran left-handed slick fielding backup infielder." This year I'll try to be careful about what I wish for.

Here's my list:

1) A starting pitcher with a record of good health that a reasonable person could expect to outpitch Suppan, Bush, and Vargas. I could deal with this person being an addition to Sheets or a replacement for Sheets. The ideal, though, would be to have a rotation of Sheets, Villanueva, this person, Parra, and Suppan -- with two of Vargas, Bush, and #6 below available as replacements for the inevitable injury.

2) Braun in LF. Again, I'm not picky about who is at third, as long he's an average hitter with average+ defense.

3) Three experienced, solid relievers, not including G Mota. Bush could be one of these, I guess.

4) A new catcher. Already accomplished.

5) An exciting new player in the lineup -- excluding Kendall, who relieves more than excites me -- who can play defense and has higher OBP than Jenkins/Mench. I would love this to be a high-OBP player at 3B or in CF.

6) A cheaper replacement for either Vargas or Bush that could fill the role of 7th or 8th starting pitcher.

7) A healthy Rickie Weeks.

1) A starting pitcher with a record of good health that a reasonable person could expect to outpitch Suppan, Bush, and Vargas. I could deal with this person being an addition to Sheets or a replacement for Sheets. The ideal, though, would be to have a rotation of Sheets, Villanueva, this person, Parra, and Suppan -- with two of Vargas, Bush, and #6 below available as replacements for the inevitable injury.

So what studs are we going to be getting for Gallardo?

Archived