Brewer Fanatic

RIP Evil Knievel

patrickgpe

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3135532

i am too young to have seen him in his prime, but my favorite memory of him was an interview when Jim Rome asked him if you said you only had a 50% chance of surviving a jump of the Snake River Canyon and his response was do you know who the heck(didn't say heck) I am. good stuff, may he rest in piece.

In his glory days, I was 5-15 years old, and his scheduled appearances on Wide World of Sports and such were must-see TV, back in the days of three networks and not much else.

What an entertainer.

Be sure to expand the "About This Video" description on this You Tube link:

In his glory days, I was 5-15 years old, and his scheduled appearances on Wide World of Sports and such were must-see TV, back in the days of three networks and not much else.

Mass, you absolutely nailed it. He was "Must See TV" before that term was invented. Those motorcycle jumps and interviews were a spectacle not to be missed.

And then after the Snake River Canyon and that goofy rocket thing, he just sort of faded away.

With the David Blaine stunts, and the X-Games and Steve-O and other guys doing daredevil kinds of things, its doubtful that any one person will be able to capitivate us the way Evel Knievel did.

He was King Cool in his day.

Wow, a friend of mine just built him a new website - it just launched last week.

I wonder if he's heard yet.

Who, Evil? Im sure he's aware.

ok, i don't know if i'm mean or not, but I actually laughed out loud when i read that. For some reason I thought it was extremely funny.

What an entertainer.

Be sure to expand the "About This Video" description on this You Tube link:

We must be around the same age Mass because i remember the same things you mentioned. As a kid i loved Evil Knievel so much, i dressed up in his outfit for Halloween one year.

My dad woke me up to watch him jump the snake river canyon. I was about 2 1/2. By the way I woke my sun up to watch robbie jump a moving train. I remember getting the cycle where you turn the wheel & it takes off like a shot across the floor. Thanks for the memories Evel.

Archived