Brewer Fanatic

Songs that make your ears bleed

danzig6767
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad doesn't begin to describe me.

That's harsh Al, I'll choose to think of you as a comedic genius http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

You know though -- It reminds me of another song I used to get way too many requests for. I am certain that this song is played on the elevator descending into hell.

Al, this one goes out to you...

Christmas music, the earlier they play it the bigger my hatred grows.

"Electric Slide" and its bastard cousin "The Cha Cha song" after bouncing for 2 years and hearing those songs every Friday and Sat and for good measure more then once a night, makes my hair stand on end.

Anything my wife listens too, except Nick Lachay's album, maybe its because thats all she has in her car but it grows on ya(here is my man card)

I fully agree on U2, i dont get it, they're songs are terrible. Paul Hewson is truly 15 Kurics of crap.

Anything by R.E.M, i dont get it, to me it sounds like someone stepping on a cat while drowning it.

I have always disliked U2 except for about 3 songs...

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday

2. With or Without You (sappy and slow, but for some reason, I have always liked that song)

3. New Year's day

The guitar sounds the same in every song, how can anyone call "the edge" a musical genius and a great musician when he does nothing different EVER?

This will not go over very well with most, but I have also always had disdain for Pink Floyd. They are severely overplayed on every classic rock station and I just don't like the airey sound they bring. I usually turn the station when They come on.

I don't puke when I hear them, but I own 1300 cds, and not one of them is a Pink Floyd cd...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't puke when I hear them, but I own 1300 cds, and not one of them is a Pink Floyd cd...

I have the exact same feeling about Pink Floyd -- I have 1000s of CDs, 0 Pink Floyd -- the same can be said about the Beatles for me as well. I don't hate them or anything but you will never see the Beatles or Pink Floyd on my playlists.

This will not go over very well with most, but I have also always had disdain for Pink Floyd. They are severely overplayed on every classic rock station and I just don't like the airey sound they bring. I usually turn the station when They come on.

That's how i feel about Kiss for the most part, i just don't understand the appeal of that band outside of maybe their stage act. About month ago or so, they were running concert footage of various older bands on VH1 and they had on a Kiss concert from back in their day. Besides clips on TV, i've never watched an extended segment of a Kiss concert because musically, i always found Kiss pretty boring and untalented. So i'm watching the concert thinking that maybe their reputation as being a great concert band would show me something that got Kiss such a big and loyal following.

I got maybe 30 minutes into the concert and couldn't watch anymore. It sorta felt like i was watching a real version of Spinal Tap, except with makeup on. Ace Frehley right before i stopped watching was doing some song mostly by himself and my lord was it terrible IMO, cheesy lyrics followed by the typical metal band extended guitar solo. Gene Simmons did his spit out the fake blood routine and stuck out his long tongue alot, but they whole time i watched it felt to me the whole over the top stage act and makeup was more just a cover for bland and uninspiring music.

Everyone has their own tastes in music, you like what you like. I wouldn't even say i hate the music by Kiss, it doesn't hurt my ears so much as it's pretty boring and unoriginal to me. Most great bands have a specific sound to them that's distinctive, if i hear Kiss, it's just sounds like many other hair bands that were more style over substance to me.

I do like Gene Simmons personally though. When i used to listen to Stern often, Simmons was on quite a few times and he seemed like a real cool guy and while i don't think Kiss were talented musicians, i give them credit. They've made mega millions doing something they greatly enjoyed, few people in life can say that. I know i can't.

That's how i feel about Kiss for the most part, i just don't understand the appeal of that band outside of maybe their stage act. About month ago or so, they were running concert footage of various older bands on VH1 and they had on a Kiss concert from back in their day. Besides clips on TV, i've never watched an extended segment of a Kiss concert because musically, i always found Kiss pretty boring and untalented. So i'm watching the concert thinking that maybe their reputation as being a great concert band would show me something that got Kiss such a big and loyal following.

I got maybe 30 minutes into the concert and couldn't watch anymore. It sorta felt like i was watching a real version of Spinal Tap, except with makeup on. Ace Frehley right before i stopped watching was doing some song mostly by himself and my lord was it terrible IMO, cheesy lyrics followed by the typical metal band extended guitar solo. Gene Simmons did his spit out the fake blood routine and stuck out his long tongue alot, but they whole time i watched it felt to me the whole over the top stage act and makeup was more just a cover for bland and uninspiring music.

Everyone has their own tastes in music, you like what you like. I wouldn't even say i hate the music by Kiss, it doesn't hurt my ears so much as it's pretty boring and unoriginal to me. Most great bands have a specific sound to them that's distinctive, if i hear Kiss, it's just sounds like many other hair bands that were more style over substance to me.

I do like Gene Simmons personally though. When i used to listen to Stern often, Simmons was on quite a few times and he seemed like a real cool guy and while i don't think Kiss were talented musicians, i give them credit. They've made mega millions doing something they greatly enjoyed, few people in life can say that. I know i can't.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived