Brewer Fanatic

Songs that make your ears bleed

danzig6767

Wow, how can you hate on Green Day? Especially the American Idiot album....

And Green Day is nothing like a 'newer angsty emo group'.

---------

Puddle of Mudd is just terrible, especially that smacking song.

Also, I thought that 'Lips of an Angel' song was amongst the worst I had ever heard. Who sang that?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, how can you hate on Green Day? Especially the American Idiot album....

I was gonna write the same thing only in blue. Terrible. The wake me up in september song makes me die a little inside every time. Remeber songs that had like three verses, these guy's songs have like three sentances sung over and over. Time of your life and all their songs newer than it are the songs I would list first in this thread.

Some comedian once did a bit about the complaints that music drove kids to violence. He said it was true because Nickleback music made him want to kill Nickleback.

Not a song you don't like, i'm talking a song you flat out hate and it can nearly turn your stomach.

5.) Sister Christian -- Night Ranger

Yeah, that's an all-time horrible song, so much so that I'll sometimes listen when I hear it just to have a good chuckle.

As for a song that really annoys me: "Black Water" by The Doobie Brothers. Really, really hate; if I hear it, I immediately find myself back in the 5th grade for some reason. I don't especially care to delve further into the psychological ramifications of all this, but I'm sure there must have been some traumatic moment that happened to me while "Black Water" was on the radio.

Some comedian once did a bit about the complaints that music drove kids to violence. He said it was true because Nickleback music made him want to kill Nickleback.

I think that was Brian Posehn in "The Comedians of Comedy"

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

"Rockstar" by Nickelback.

Might be my vote for the worst song of the past 10 years.

How come no one's mentioned the all-around douchiness that is James Blunt? Man, I heard that new one of his, "1973", I think it's called. Wow, how milquetoast can you be?

I can't say I really dislike any song more than others. Most all music is fine with me, though rap loses me because they all sound the same to me. I do recall when I was a youngster, You Light Up My Life was played on every format and station, so it got overplayed, but I can't say it was a terrible song.

Heck, i even like the Christian pop/rock songs they play on the endless TV ads. I also find it ironic the one band has a hottie type in it...not very Christian thoughts going on in the crowd, I'm sure.

brettac1 wrote:

How come no one's mentioned the all-around douchiness that is James Blunt? Man, I heard that new one of his, "1973", I think it's called. Wow, how milquetoast can you be?

But what about his first great single a few years ago? "And i SAWWWWWW your face, in crowwwwwded place!"

I can't believe I forgot about John Mellencamp's "This is Our Country" Definitely number 1 for me now that I think of it.

I do recall when I was a youngster, You Light Up My Life was played on every format and station, so it got overplayed, but I can't say it was a terrible song.

Sheesh Al, -- that's either Andy Kaufman-genius-hilarious or really sad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Yeah, that's an all-time horrible song, so much so that I'll sometimes listen when I hear it just to have a good chuckle.

MO-TOR-EN' -- sigh -- Still cracks me up.

Anything ever recorded by Hall and Oates.

The mullet and 'stache.

As for a song that really annoys me: "Black Water" by The Doobie Brothers.

Funny thing about thing that song -- My first "stereo" was an 8-track player, with the left speaker blown out -- I had a Doobies 8track, and listened to Black Water only through the right speaker needless to say, when I finally heard the song with both L&R channels working, it made the song more robust.

I used to work at a radio station that played AC music in the weekend mornings -- If I visit my dark places I can think of some other songs.

I used to get a caller that would always would request Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun" -- that song sucks

Enjoy!

I used to get a caller that would always would request Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun" -- that song sucks

Oh, man, I forgot that one. A classic bad song. I vaguely remember singing along to that song when I was about 8 or 9 in my friends basement and there was shag carpeting on the walls. Early to mid-1970s I'm guessing. I don't know (or care) the actual lyrics, but I've always remembered them as:

We had joy, we had fun

We had seasons in the sun

But the clouds and the rain

Made my mother go insane

How about the b-side to Terry Jacks song - Put The Bone In? That song is too much, Soul Asylum covers that somewhere.

Put the bone in, she begged him at the store
Cos my doggies been hit by a car
and I do want to bring him home something Classic!

That song is a nightmare from my youth and it was a terrible terrible song

It can't be wrong, when it feels so right!

I'll weigh in with "You're the one that I want" from the Grease soundtrack. (It doesn't help that my then-grade-school-aged sister played the album over and over and over.)

I got CHILLS! They're multiPLYIN!

Actually, add "Grease is the Word."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived