Brewer Fanatic

Dodgers and Brewers talking

According to mlbrumors.com .............Colletti and Melvin have started talking about a possibly swap ,but nothing has gotten serious yet.Brewers are intrested in J. Broxton or J. Biemel for either Hall or Carlos V.....Just a rumor but has been confirmed by major league source take it for what its worth but I get all fuzzy inside thinking about Broxton.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard, Vegas. Just for posterity's sake, it's "Broxton." I would hate to give up Villy in any deal right now, but if they have interest in Hall as the main piece for Broxton, I don't think you can let that get by you.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

According to mlbrumors.com .............Colletti and Melvin have started talking about a possibly swap ,but nothing has gotten serious yet.Brewers are intrested in J. Braxton or J. Biemel for either Hall or Carlos V.....Just a rumor but has been confirmed by major league source take it for what its worth but I get all fuzzy inside thinking about Braxton.

(gotta think of a good "unbreak my heart" reference)

Yea, mlbrumors.com isn't an active website, and there's nothing about this on mlbtraderumors.com. Link this up, yo.

EDIT: This is from the blurb Vegas referenced:

"Dodgers GM Ned Colletti has talked with Doug Melvin of the Brewers about a possible swap, but nothing has gotten serious as of yet. I expect the Brewers to be looking at either Joe Beimel or Jonathon Broxton, so it will cost them. The Dodgers are looking for an outfielder and could ask for Bill Hall in a trade. That would open it up for Tony Gwynn or another replacement. Also, the Brewers are loaded with pitching, so the Dodgers could try to acquire Manny Parra or Carlos Villanueva."

Basically, we know that Colletti & Melvin are in touch. The rest seems to be speculation, but I again reaffirm my huge interest in getting Broxton.

Oh no! Not the Matt Wise Avatar!

I wasn't too sad to see Cordero leave. I am all for signing a nice free agent reliever and hoping. (Or trading Vargas and getting a decent player in return)

But all of these rumors about us trading key parts of our squad (Hall, Villanueva etc) in search of a closer are really causing concern for me. If we have to part with Hall or Villanueva to get a closer - we are really going to regret that extra $4 million dollars we didn't offer to Cordero.

You don't trade a really good young cheap starting pitcher for a bullpen arm.

You also don't trade your starting CF for one. I'm sick of hearing about Hall trades... I just don't see it happening unless they throw a deal at Doug that he just can't pass up. Why would we make another hole in our OF? We already need one outfielder.

"Other than the Dodgers, the Brewers have reportedly talked with the Blue Jays, Diamondbacks, Nationals, and a fourth unknown team."

Interesting tidbit from the end of the blog entry.

And yea, hawing, I noticed that too - poor. I edited the spelling when I pasted.

If you read some of the replies to these posts (some not so nice) you'll see that the fourth team that is mentioned to be believed in discussion with the Brewers about relievers is the Oakland A's, with one poster saying don't be surprised if a Mench or Gwynn for Kiko Calero or Alan Embree deal goes down.

Take that for what it's worth. I don't know how seriously I can take this site, especially when they refer to sources, plural mind you, as "he." Although I will say a Mench for Calero or Embree swap does make some sense for both teams as the A's could use a lefty killer to add to their predominantly left-handed hitting squad.

Archived