Brewer Fanatic

What are YOU expecting?

ELCABALLO45

With the winter mettings fast approaching and many rumors going around, I was wonder.. what does everyone expect to come from the Winter Meetings and/or the next coming weeks. Do you..... Expect to trade for Joe Nathan? Do you expect to trade Bill Hall? What do you THINK is going to happen in the next 3-5 weeks?

Honestly...not much. I expect them to explore trading Ben Sheets, but I don't think anything will happen. A couple of free agent reliever signings. Possibly a trade where Vargas/Capuano net another reliver...all to get back to where the were last year, and that's being optimistic.

DM will be looking for bullpen can't imagine opening the season without adding atleast two relievers one being a closer.I think Joe Nathan remains a possibilty but
I think it all depends on Santana deal.Don't see the Twins losing Santana,Hunter and Nathan all right before they get into there new ballpark.

Although I'm used to the Brewers not wow-ing me with their transactions... I would be really surprised if we don't trade Vargas or Bush... or maybe Capuano but I think the other two are more likely. And we'll get a LFer or bullpen help in return.

My guess is he'll sign a FA reliever or two. I think he'll trade a SP + a prospect or reserve for a high OBP left fielder, hopefully someone like Reggie Willits. It just seems like they're looking for a different type of player than Jenkins was. Someone to get on base for the big boys to drive in.

I'm hoping for a trade for Scott Rolen or Andre Ethier or to sign Kenny Lofton. I also think they will sign Riske or Percival, and possibly trade for Brian Fuentes.

I really hope they don't trade Parra, Hall or Villanueva, but I keep seeing these names brought up.

I'm expecting a busy week, but I really hope they can upgrade w/out mortgaging too much of their core.

The time is right for a real big deal, but Melvin lacks creativity and is way too cautious to think out of the box so I don't see it happening.

He'll be looking to wrap up a deal for a LF using either Capuano or Vargas as main bait. That could be Winn, Church, Catalanotto, or DeJesus. If he doesn't get a deal done, two veteran FA outfielders flying under the radar that might take short term deals are Shawn Green and Cliff Floyd, but those guys are second tier guys who end up getting deals after the big smoke clears from the winter meetings.

He should add 2 more relievers while subtracting one or two in the process.

I don't see them adding a backup catcher. At Kendall's press conference, Melvin glowed about Kendall's durability. The backup catcher will be decided in spring between Rivera and Munson. I think the fact that Palmissano was added to roster means they are comfortable with bringing him up if need be.

Lots of unsubstantiated rumors that never materialize into anything. That's the essence of the winter meetings, isn't it?

Yeah -- these meetings are sort of overblown -- much like the NBA and MLB trade deadlines. Everyone is on red-alert, Peter Gammons will go 3 days w/o showering and JC Romero will get traded for a PTBNL.

Archived