Brewer Fanatic

Outside knee pain???

zingsheim
For about the past 5 days I have had a really bad pain in the outside of my knee where bone sticks out. (lateral side?) It's painful even to walk sometimes. Has anybody ever had problems with this? If yes, what the heck is it? thanks a lot!

Without knowing much about your situation and when you started feeling the pain, the first thing that popped into my head was the meniscus. Basically the meniscus is the cartillage of your knee. Google it or look it up on wikipedia to check out types of injuries and treatment. If you continue to feel pain for a couple more days, I would go in and get it checked out by your doctor who will probably refer you to an orthopedists. Good luck.

Do you feel a clicking/popping when you straighten your leg or walk up stairs? And is walking up stairs particularly painful?

Last year that happened to me and it was apparently just an inflamed IT band, which is pretty much a tendon on the outside part of the knee. I had to go in an immobilizer for a few days, ice it and then do some exercises and it was fine.

Archived