Brewer Fanatic

Garza for Rays' Young ??

Big Reed

I can't believe this is a possibility or even being discussed, but it's on ESPN as actually being discussed between the two teams. .

Why would the rays be willing to part with young? I realize they have upton, crawford and baldelli in the outfield. but to trade Young after a great rookie year? for a guy like garza? I know garza is a great young pitching prospect. But still.

and the twins trading trading garza and getting a player like young in return makes me wonder what a guy like gallardo would get in return. if this is the value of a young pitcher, the brewers definitely should have received more in return for Inman.

This type of a deal makes me ask, can we find a taker for jeffress?

if i'm the twins, i take this deal, although it's rumored to be a 6 player deal with the twins throwing bartlett in as part of the deal.

this brings back memories of Milt Pappass being traded for Frank Robinson, and Lou brock being traded for broglio and Sheffield being traded for that pitching phenom Rickey Bones. Suffice it to say all three pitchers were considered to be good pitchers, and all three trades turned out to be lopsided in favor of the team gaining the hitteer.

I can't believe this is a possibility or even being discussed, but it's on ESPN as actually being discussed between the two teams. .

Why would the rays be willing to part with young? I realize they have upton, crawford and baldelli in the outfield. but to trade Young after a great rookie year? for a guy like garza? I know garza is a great young pitching prospect. But still.

and the twins trading trading garza and getting a player like young in return makes me wonder what a guy like gallardo would get in return. if this is the value of a young pitcher, the brewers definitely should have received more in return for Inman.

This type of a deal makes me ask, can we find a taker for jeffress?

if i'm the twins, i take this deal, although it's rumored to be a 6 player deal with the twins throwing bartlett in as part of the deal.

this brings back memories of Milt Pappass being traded for Frank Robinson, and Lou brock being traded for broglio and Sheffield being traded for that pitching phenom Rickey Bones. Suffice it to say all three pitchers were considered to be good pitchers, and all three trades turned out to be lopsided in favor of the team gaining the hitteer.

Inman was a AA pitcher that Struggled last year in his promotion to AA... before the 2007 season he cracked the top 100 prospect list at number 96 I believe it was... AA is where you find out how good your pitching prospects really are and he striggled big time he ended up with a an Era in the 4.40s I think at last look.

He projected more at a 4 or 5 guy where as Garza projected as a number 2 guy

Plus Garza has had success up at the Major League level... and was a high prospect as well(I think ranked in the Top 30)

Young pitching always is more valuable then young trouble making hitting...

Plus the Rays got more in the deal then just Garza( I think they got the Twins 2nd base prospect as well)

Archived