Brewer Fanatic

top 5 memorable games( in your mind ) you have attended and why

MadisonBrewerBlue

1. June 22nd, 2005. Brewers score 8 runs off Carlos Zambrano in the 2nd inning and end up winning 9-4.

2. May 17th, 2006. Brewers start off slow trailing 4-1 after 5 innings but rally for 5 in the 6th, 1 in the 7th and take what looks like an easy win leading 7-4 in the 9th. However Philadelphia comes back in the 9th to tie the game at 7 before Jenkins hits a walkoff 400 foot single to win it.

3. July 5th, 2006. Just an awesome game. This is the game Corey Koskie got hurt and went 13 innings. Not many people but the ones who stayed got to see a great game. Only about 20,000 to start the game and after Adam Dunn hit a homerun off Turnbow in the 10th more people left. Jenkins tied it in the 10th with a solo homerun and Weeks won it in the 13th with a 2-run, ground-rule double to win it after not reacting quick enough to prevent the Reds from scoring.

4. June 7th, 2005. Just because I hate the Yankees and this was a fun game. A good pitchers duel between Sheets and Pavano with the Brewers prevailing 2-1 on a Bill Hall 2-run homerun in the 2nd inning.

5. June 20th, 2006. Not putting this one up because I liked the result I'm putting it up because I witnessed something in person that not many people can say they saw. The Brewers ended up losing 10-1 to the Tigers but this is the game where Rick Helling struck out the side on 9 pitches in the 1st inning.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born after the '82 Series and moved out of state in '96 so my games are limited, but

1)Robin Yount's 3000th hit

2)Paul Molitor returns to Milwaukee after signing with the Jays

3)First game at Miller Park

4)Bill Hall's pink bat walk-off

5)Game 4 of 2007 World Series

5.1) In Denver on June 29, 2004 I was watching the Brewers take on the Rockies from 2 rows behind home plate. The bases were loaded and Chad Moeller came to bat. After taking a few pitches, Moeller stepped out of the batters box and I yelled at him to hit a grandslam. He looked right at me, nodded and the next pitch he sent over the fence for his only career grandslam homerun. No joke.

After taking a few pitches, Moeller stepped out of the batters box and I yelled at him to hit a grandslam. He looked right at me, nodded and the next pitch he sent over the fence for his only career grandslam homerun. No joke.

Where were you for the rest of his career at-bats, S001? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think madisonbrewerblue blows everyone out of the water with the first post.

"mine are in no particular order

braves last game in milwaukee featuring sandy koufax..braves shelled koufax yet lost in extra innings.

brewers first game in milwaukee...it snowed that morning and we lost 12-0 to the angels

younts 3000 hit game...bought the tickets 2 weeks in advance

game 5 alcs against angels...got two tickets for the last $25 i had in my pocket. couldnt even afford a hot dog with special sauce.

last game at county stadium

i could go on and on "

I didn't read all the posts but I don't think you can beat that. The man has seen everything thats been anything.

My memorable game was August 10 1975. 10 years old, my first game. They were saluting Harry Caray and Steve Stone was pitching for the White Sox. Kinda sappy, thats it for me. Been to quite a few other games but its pretty tough to beat your first.

After taking a few pitches, Moeller stepped out of the batters box and I yelled at him to hit a grandslam. He looked right at me, nodded and the next pitch he sent over the fence for his only career grandslam homerun. No joke.

This makes me recall the story about Lenny Harris (yes, that Lenny Harris), and bear with my fuzzy details. Basically, it was a walk-off situation (I think bottom 9th), and Harris is in the on-deck circle. A woman near the front rows yelled to him, 'You're gonna hit a HR.' Harris replied, 'I'm not really a HR hitter, that's not my game.' Woman replied, 'I don't care.' Harris went up to bat, and hit a HR to win the game.

Except your story is about 8.3 billion times better, Schlitz001. That's freakin' awesome. You know Chad still thinks about that one.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

1.) Yount's 3000th: It was a family affair with uncles, cousins, brother, sister, & grandmas attending 3 straight games in right field bleachers - worth the wait

2.) Ryan's 300th: Sat 1st row 3rd base side behind the tarp - got a ball that Nolan pitched and Yount fouled off - got Robin to sign it years later

3.) Prince & Rickie's first dingers - Took it as an omen of good things starting

4.) Prince 49 & 50: Greatest atmosphere I've ever been involved in at a baseball game. Fans watching the left field corner scoreboard for updates on the cubs game, my announcement to section to 223 that the cubs had lost!, loud chants of MVP all game long, 2 curtain calls for Prince, Crew pulls within striking distance of the Cubs. I had goosebumps for the next 24 hours straight.

And to end it on a downer, but it sure was memorable:

5.) Day after Prince 49 & 50: The Spuling bean of Pujols, the Turnbow debacle that followed, the end of the season during the middle of that inning. I had to get up and listen to the game in the bathroom once T-Bow issued the first walk. Went from the highest of the highs to the lowest of the lows in 24 hours. What a rush!

To come:

6.) Brewers first home playoff game in 2008 - the game to trump the others on my list in terms of memories.

Let's go Crew!

5. June 20th, 2006. Not putting this one up because I liked the result I'm putting it up because I witnessed something in person that not many people can say they saw. The Brewers ended up losing 10-1 to the Tigers but this is the game where Rick Helling struck out the side on 9 pitches in the 1st inning.

I was at that game, in the buckethead section. Ended up helping to get everyone to sing to Carlos Lee as it was his birthday.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I can't remember alot of mine from the 90's but...in no order...

-Any Opening Day ('92-99, '06, '07)

-Some game against Baltimore mid-90's, my Dad caught a Roberto Alomar home run ball, pre-umpire spitting on incident I believe...

-April 22, 2006, the five home run 4th inning

-2007 Opening Day, unfortunately I called the Jeff Kent HR, little did I know it would be the only hit until a Brady Clark double (?) in the 9th

-June 24, 2007 - Bill Hall bobblehead day, Corey Hart's homer in the bottom of the 9th to tie it, too bad they still lost but that was good stuff

-Maddux win #299

-Michael Redd's 57 point game against the Jazz last season

-prince fielder and ricky weeks first MLB homerun against the the Twins.

-The 7th unassisted triple place in MLB history and also Alex Rodriguez MLB Debut in 1994 at Fenway.

sure there is more but I'm blank..

There have been so many that can't do just five.

I remenber Opening Day in 1987 for the weather was so nice that afternoon as I think it was the best weather the Brewers ever had for opening day at County and the fact it was the start of teams longest winning streak in team history made that one a memorable one.

I also was at the game that Molitor's hitting streak ended with Rick Manning with the winning hit in extra innings.

1988 a Doubleheader againt the Red Sox, First game Roger Clemens was pitching and up to that point the Brewers never had beated him at County Stadium for the only time the brewers beat him before that was 1 game in Boston his rookie season and on this night it was a 0-0 game as Joey Meyer lead off the bottom of the 9th Inning and he hits a walk off Home Run.

Another game in 1988 early on in the season the Brewers where playing Baltimore in the middle of record setting losing streak and the game stands out for Jeff Stone the Orioles rightfielder that night on defence he had the worst game in the history of the major. For his fielding was so bad that night that his range was maybe the spot he standed on for on this night if he had to take a step or two he couldn't catch the ball as unbeliveable as that sounds.

Then there was that Nolen Ryan 300th Win in 1990 and I went to the game for Free for the Brewers coupons for a free game on openingday that year.

In 1991 I remember Jim Gantner hitting 2 Home Runs in a week breaking a streak of not hitting one for nearly 3 Season

Also that season I was there to see that monsterous Home Run that Cecil Fielder at County Stadium. Less I think it was that year it may have been in 1990 or 1992. Somewhere there.

Then in 1992 I remenber opening Day for I went to 72 Games that season. Sure it is memorable for being there and not for what happen in the game.

The the was a game in may where the Brewers just killed the Blue Jays.

Then the last game of the first Homestand after the All Star Break stands out for me for I just got home the night before from taking a trip with my Dad and oddly I haven't messed a single Home Brewers game sence and the Brewers beat the White Sox 17-2 that afternoon.

Then a Doublehead againt the Red Sox first game went to extra innings and the Red Sox scored 3 Runs in the Top of the 12th Inning and the bottom half the Brewers put together a 2 out really to tie it lead by Scotty Fletcher 2 Run Triple and in the 13th inning Jim Gantner hit what was his last Major League Home Run and the Brewers went on to win the 2nd game 1-0 to sweep the doubleheader.

Then the was a 3 game set againt the Yankees. Sadly standed out for the Brewers only drew 27,000 for the 3 game set with Brewers still in the Playoff race and Yount only 5 hits away from that 3,000 and I found that odd for that is possable if he had a great game.

Then the game where he had that 3,000 and the homestand leading up to it.

Then that whole final Homestand of the 1992 season and the long winning streak the Brewers had.

Then in April 1993 Cal Eldred hold the Rangers to one Hit.

In 1994 the Brewers where playing a Doubleheader againt Oakland and after the Brewers win the first game in the secound game the A's had the lead going into the bottom of the 9th and the Brewers come back to tie the game on a number of questionable Ball calls by the umpires and LaRosa come out really pessed at the Home Plate Umpire and it exploded into a bench clearing browl.

In 1995 I remenber a Game where Steve Sparks pitched a 1 hitter and still lost for it a 3 Run Home Run.

Then in 1997 the Brewers played Doubleheaders on Back to Back Days againt the Blue Jays and in the first game of the first one Steve Woodard pitched a 1 hitter for another one of them very rear victory over Roger Clemens and it only got better as the Brewers turn a Triple Play in the secound game.

Then the Home Opener in 1999 where Brewers Turn another Triple Play. That's right I'm one of very few people that have seen 2 Triple Plays on defent days.

Then the season Finaly that season againt the Reds for it rain that day and the Reds had to play and they waited through 8 Hours of rain and sence most people left the Brewers closed off the Upper Deck and that night Milton was the usher that remain in the upper deck to keep people out of there. Well long story short he's a freind and I stay up there with him and we talked all night and got to see the game up there anyway. Funny thing is although it was a long day at the park it was one of the most fun days that ever had at the ballpark.

Then that last game at County. Well, That extended to that last Homestand and a few game before that the really stands out.

Then there where a few others at county that I can't remenber when happen like that series with all those birds on the field and there was game delayed by a very deep fog and there was one where the Brewers lost a 12-0 lead becouse of a rain out.

There also a number at Miller Park but it has took me long enough to type out those. Maybe I'll get those later.

The Game Master's memories remind me of a game with the Royals the Saturday after the 1999 crane accident. The outfield lights went out, resulting in a power outage delay of 34 minutes or so. The thing I thought was funny was how many people started taking flash pictures of the darkened playing field. I had a camera along that night so eventually I did too.

For the rest of that game, the upper grandstand section farthest out in right was lined with fans gazing at the damage left by the Big Blue collapse.

We were also at the 1999 finale (the woulda-been County finale), though for only about three hours of the eight hour rain delay. During that three hours, we walked all over and took a bunch of pictures - including one from the mezzanine, which is where the S.O. and I had our first date in 1989.

Along those lines, I asked the S.O. last night what his most memorable Brewers games were and he cited our first-date game. Awwww.

(Except the game itself was nothing to write home about - Jim Abbott shut out the Brewers for the then-California Angels.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived